Puzzleing DCC Problem!

Hello everyone, I have a problem. My layout is a folded dog bone with a peninsula at each end for continuious running. I have a reverseing loop incorporated into my track plan, and it is controlled with a MRC AD520 auto reverser. I am powering the whole layout with the Digitraxx Super Empire Builder. All has been working fine for several weeks now, but tonight all of a sudden, when the locomotive enters the reverse loop, i loose poweR, not a short, but loose power. So i thought maybe it was just the locomotive, so i put a brand new Atlas Master series with Quantum sound locomotive on that track. I turned the power on and wa la, i had sound. I thought this was the problem, but when i applied the throttle, i loose power again. Whats up with this? I checked all my wireing includeing the auto reverser, and see no problems. Anyone ever heard of anything like this? Thanks!:rolleyes:

nolatron

Sounds like the reverse unit may be failing.

What happens of you disconnect the track from the "reverse" point (the turnout), making it a dead end track, and run a temp power line from the regular bus?

Does the train still run ont he unconnected loop?

Basically I'm saying test the unclosed reverse loop with regular DCC power to make sure it's not the track. If it runs fine, I would check into the reverser.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Pooh Bah
Check all the connections around the reverse loop module -- see that the wires are still connected, both to the main bus and the reverse loop. Also check your way around the loop to make sure it's not bad rail joiners. Either a bulb or push a loco.

I take you mean all power is lost and no locos run anywhere on the track. If so, that sounds like a short and the system is shutting itself off or going into some protect mode.

If you mean that loco that is entering the reversing section stalls, and the rest of the track has power... that is something different and could be caused by any number of things, most probably a loss of energy at the turnout points.

I'm not clear on "loss of power"

BTW, did you end up wiring the reversing section like I suggested? Curious to know how it worked...