Putty question. . .

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by alaimo@jcu.edu, Jun 8, 2007.

1. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

I have noticed that several of you EXCELLENT BUILDERS! have mentioned using putty and paint. I am OK with the paint and coloring part, what are you all using for putty? I tried using white glue and fillers etc., I am ready to experiment with some old balsa putties and some plastic model putties that I have from my old RC and plastic days. Is there any specific product that any of you use? If specific products are not OK to mention, I apologize, please email me direct? alaimo@jcu.edu
    I am desperate to have a model build look like kooklik's....:) and I am willing to cheat to do it!
  2. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

What I use now is a mixture of clear nail polish and baby powder. It's soft and easy to sand. After sanding, you may want to apply a coat of the same clear nail polish to seal and harden it. Do any painting before sealing.

White model putty may work, but mine dried up, so I'm not sure. I think green putty is to hard when it dries.

3. Toddlea

Toddlea Member

I use drywall spackle. It isn't too wet and it sands very well. I does shrink so you might have to apply more than once.
  4. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

I use drywall spackle also. It is DAP, Fast 'n' Final, lightweight filler thinned out with a bit of water to make a smooth spreadable paste. It dries fast and is initially easy to sand. After about 24hrs it becomes more difficult to sand.
  5. alaimo@jcu.edu

alaimo@jcu.edu I need a Pin up girl. . .

Thank You!
    a couple of good ideas I hadn't thought of!
    Will try on my gremir p61. I think I will need it on the nose.