Pulqui II ( Kurt Tank design) in development

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Alcides, May 20, 2007.

1. Alcides

Alcides Member

I'm on line. If do you have any doutbs pm me!!!

2. sergiotang95

sergiotang95 Member

Nice model! I wonder what the finish product is going to be like!
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It the testbuild already in progress? I'd like to see it finished for sure ~
  4. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thanks for the comments.

and Yes. The beta is on going. Here are some pictures from the build of my friend Gerardo:

5. Alcides

Alcides Member

Another picture:

6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! Cool! Cool!

I can't believe I missed this thread until now! I saw a show not too long ago about this and was amazed at how much I was unaware of this project. (And I think of myself as knowledgeable on aircraft....geez!)

Alcides it is wonderful, guess I need to start saving up for Rhino and get off my backside and learn how to do this!

I will keep up on this thread now that I found it...............

7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you, Alcides, for posting my photos.

I was going to, but I had to run when I sent you the email. Anyway, thank you.

More photos today.
  8. Alcides

Alcides Member

John thanks for your kind words. I wait for more suprises, for example the "real Indiana Jones fly wing" :wink: shhh

Do you remember and old, old thread about certain argentine plane in the Malvinas war .... well I've told you I started to learn Rhino that argentine plane isn't now so far away.

9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Wow! Great project. This is like the next step after Luft 46. I really like jets of the WWII and post-WWII era. :)
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wow, nice colouring and panel lines!!!
  11. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Hello Family.

Here are more of this Beta building. The fuselage is complete.

MY FAULT ON THIS ONE, not Alcides'. I shoulda study in detail the air intake.

12. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The wing internal structure.

13. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I forgot to say that since this is a Beta build, the paper IS NOT CARDSTOCK, is plain paper.

I printed this way because I didn{t know if any special bending was going to be needed... silly yes, but I know now that after this build, I will print it in High Quality Bright Paper printed on a Toner Color Big Printer.
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Also here is my careless procedure on the fairings.

I know it can be MUCH better.
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The tail. This piece doesn't have formers. Alcides I think a couple of stripes as formers should help on getting this part straight.

AS you can see, the wing tips are separated pieces. That's a nice addition. I liked it.
  16. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Some sleep now.

Good night, Western Hemisphere... Good Day Eastern Hemisphere.
  17. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Nice, but I think that a somewhat more robust set of wing spars might be in order.
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thicker cardstock for spars, but I think plain paper is great for the rest of the models. ...Alcides, was paper thickness accounted for during design?
  19. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thank you !!! Again for the effort. I' taking notes:
    - Some markings to correct
    - Add formers to tail
    - Review the wing spars

Thanks for the suggestion.

I designed taking in account formers 1mm but I've forgot to tell this to Gerardo :cry: He's doing a very nice job without instructions.

I've to go back to the design table ( Rhino , bah ).

20. edi

edi Member

Hello @all,
    I`m very impressed by the Pulqui II and I`m looking every day to this thread.

Years ago, already a Pulqui II was availible by JF Schreiber Verlag Germany, but it`s long out of production; I think I built it 1965, but it`s lost since years and I didn`t find it anymore:(

So your construction give me the hope to build it again

Best regards