Pull start

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Could you guys tell me what kind of pull start would fit my RC10 GT? Maybe a link, and how much they usually cost. thanks
    justin
  2. What kind of motor are you running? Pullstarts usually cost about $15 on ebay and probably a little more if you order through your LHS.
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

stock .15
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Justin, with the stock engine use the exact pullstart, I dont know of any 1 who makes a electric 1 for the gt yet
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Whats wrong with the one you have?
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

the rope pulled out, so I took it apart, then the spring came out, then I spent like 30 minutes trying to put the spring in, the the spring snapped, so now I need a new pull start! lol
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I belive that a company called HG makes a thing called a yank eliminator, I had just found it in 1 of my mags there web site is www.1hg.com, they are sort of like wha I told you b4 with a drill but these have the right tip for a 1 way bearing!
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

9. redheat

redheat Member

you can purchase a new spring for a couple of bucks , there not that difficult to repair, the hole unit is about 30.bux.
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ya, I didnt know that. I think its pretty hard to put the spring back in
  11. redheat

redheat Member

It's not hard at all, just take your time.Do you have a manuel ? It shows you which way to put it in. Call your LHS to see if they have one in stock most do . While you have it out clean your one way bearing to.
  12. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I dont think there is a manual for my pull start.
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Go to the AE site they have all the info. for fixing it . Did you get your gt new in the box? comes with a instruction booklet, and a brown sheet of paper that that shows parts and how to.
  14. lostdogeater

lostdogeater New Member

Yeah my pullstart has come apart twice in my trx .15 :( It is really pising me off. lol , right now im using a drill to start my truck. It works ok, but pullstarts are hard to put back in, but if you take your time and be careful, you will be successful.
  15. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

I got a whole new pull start, they didnt have the spring,and I didnt wanna wait for them to order it, cuz me and my bro were gonna go drive at a BMX park.
  16. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

ok it broke again lol, i got the spring back in and i just cant wrap the rope around it right, when i put it back together there is always slack and it wont pull right... please help
    justin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.