pull start question

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by snopro, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snopro

snopro New Member

i have a question about my pull start on a kyosho mad force.

i bought the pull start from a hobby shop.

i bought the bearing there too, but the one-way bearing they sent me had a round end, and i htink mine has a hex nut end, at least the pull start does. so i go back, they order again, and they send same one saying that this is the only one kysoho makes. am i wrong or do they make a different one?

and when i pull the pull start out of the container, my little brother took the tape off the back and the main piece popped out showing some coil, is this possible to fix?? i wound it back in the best i can, but i dont knwo if it will work. can this be fixed?

thankyou alot for your help
  2. rstaubach_12

rstaubach_12 Member

I don't have a Kyosho but I've had the spool come out of my OS pull start and you are best off getting a new one. I've had some luck at getting them back together but they never seem to work right.
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Oh man, when the spring pops out of that, it is a B**** to get back in. My bro helped me do it, luckily we fixed it. But it is a pain. Just keep trying or buy a new one...
  4. jackal575

jackal575 Member

yeh, my friend's pull start screwed up, he had to wind it up about 5 times because the spring kept popping out. eventually he got really #@$% and 'araldited' the end of the spring in. work for about a week then screwed up again.
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Snopro, you can fix it your self it's really not that hard to do. I've done it myself. as far asthat oneway bearing goes take it back to the shop along with your spool and have them show you how to respool your pull start. Its not uncommon to have to tear one apart to fix and if you do it right it'll work like new.
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Its not hard, but only after youve done it once. I spent like 45 minutes and finally got it fixed.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

Right E happen to me, took me alittle longer but once I got it all worked out the pull start worked fine. The next time it happen with a different motor and it only took about 10 min. to fix.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.