Publicity for Cardmodels in The US

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by GEEDUBBYA, Oct 17, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well I am sure you have all seen me asking for help in locating a card model of the Mach 5 from the old SPEED RACER cartoon for one of my friends.
    Well that particular venture isnt going so well right now, but, as I stated in earlier post, my freind, is a DJ in Dallas Tx and also has two replicas of the 1966 Batmobile which make appearences around the country at charity benifits and car shows. So, I sent him a copy of Claudio Dias card model of the 1966 batmobile and my friend loved it.
    Russ Martin, a Dallas Tx disk jockey/talk show host has a radio fanbase in the hundreds of thousands. He also has a website and as well as a charitible foundation for the families of fallen police officers and firemen.
    His cars make appearances at benifits for this charity and many others and now, through the kindness of Claudio, he will be giving away preprinted card models of the batmobile at the various appearances he and his cars make throughout the year, exposing virtually hundreds of thousands of people to the art of cardmodeling. He will soon also be offing the model on his website: as a free download with credit to Claudio of course.
    But I thought that by my bringing of these two people together several things could be achieved, (1) recognition and publicity of Claudios work, (2) a promotional tool for Russ Martin, and (3) exposure of card modeling to hundreds of thousands of people who may not have ever known card modeling exsisted.
    If you havent seen Claudios card model of the Batmobile yet, stop by his site: and check it out.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW