Publication

ANo10

Sep 1, 2002
Midland, Texas
Visit site
Way to go Shamus and Casey,

Congrats on your both being published. You are both deserving. I have learned a lot from you and your articles, forum post, and pictures. Both of you have established a high standard of excellence for the rest of us to try to achieve in our modelling.

Jim

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Congrats Shamus and Casey.
Jon, look in the "Magic" section of your 2002 catalog. Shamus has a picture in there too. Took me awhile to figure it out.
"Badger Creek......Now where have I heard that before?"

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by eightyeightfan1
Congrats Shamus and Casey.
Jon, look in the "Magic" section of your 2002 catalog. Shamus has a picture in there too. Took me awhile to figure it out.
"Badger Creek......Now where have I heard that before?"
Thanks all, for the kind words.

88 there are some more photos of my BCLC in last years 2001 catalogue, took third place in the photo comp.

Shamus

H

horailfan

I`ve been admiring Paul`s work for quite sometime now. His artistic endeavors have amazed me and my wife and I always strive to be as good but I haven`t even gotten close. Back to the drawing board! I always thought his layout was better than most if not all featured in MR (John Allen`s was pretty good too!) I`ve been meaning to contact MR and suggest they look at Paul`s website but somebody beat me to the punch. Congratulations Paul, I`ll be looking forward to my next MR! Jerry

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
I agree Jerry, Paul's work is outstanding!!! I have been in model RR'ing for over 30 years but I have not been able to do anything even close to Paul's work. But I am trying!!!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
Was up to the hobby shop last evening for paint supplies, and saw the October issue of Model Railroading was in. Pages 32 through 37 are filled with the spectacle of the New Badger Creek.
Nice article, sweet photos, now I don't have to wait for the 'puter to fire up, to get some inspiration. Just open the mag, and
( I was going to say drool ) stare.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks a lot guys for your kind replies to my publication in Model Railroading Mag. I myself haven't got a copy, no doubt it will be in the mail to me soon.
Cheers all.
Shamus

Hummingbird

Sep 4, 2002
North Texas
Visit site
Hi Paul,

I'm happy to say that I do have the Model Railroading issue featuring your Badger Creek photos. I've been telling everybody that "I KNOW THIS MASTER MODELER"....well, I really do...sorta! And I even tell them that "I KNOW" Casey Feedwater...and that he ain't such a "stinking polecat" that folks make him out to be!! (I'm jest funnin'!) It was an extra bonus to have L&N featured in the same mag...
I admire both yours and Mike's talent! And thanks for sharing...Ya'll gave us all a sneak preview before publication...I appreciate everything Ya'll do...and to everyone else here and on other forums who give of their time and talent for the World's Greatest Hobby!
Happy Railroading...pass it on!
:p Debbie

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
Model Railroading magazine was at Trainfest this past weekend. I believe it was Randal Lee who I spoke with, he had much high praise, and good thoughts of you. He also said there were many more photos than were published with the article, too bad he didn't put them all in.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Pete, yes, I have known Randy for around 10 years now, he has published 13 articles of mine over this period. The same applies to "Continental Modeller " here in the UK, Andrew Burnham (Editor) has published over 20 in the last 12 years, still has one of mine already to go soon I think.

Cheers
Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Just when my anticipatory moisture was about to dry out for fear of lost issues, the tele rings, and it's Jack, at the LHS, and he tells me the blim-blammin' October Model Railroading is in! Wonderful! Awesome! You GOTTA GET ONE! Shamus, YOU DA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
jon---I would hope that all of us at The Gauge are happy that you're a member here! If it wasn't for your humor day in and day out, we might just all be sitting here staring at the blue screen counting "ribbets" and arguing over meaningless things that are REAL IMPORTANT!
After laughing out loud (or is that L-ingOL?:confused: ) at so many of your posts, my wife is beginning to wonder what's wrong with ME!:)
Thanks for your bringing us all your sense of humor each day!

Now, take your meds and go to bed:D :D :D :D :D ;)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.