Publication "August"

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
DARN !!! We were down to the book store that carries the magazine but it is not in yet, also called a hobby shop that carries it and same story..will have to wait..but the wait will be worth it !!! Congrats Shamus !!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Paul,
First, Congratulations! Fine article, great pictures!
Second, Thankyou for picking the #1 shay for most of your pictures, it took me a few moments to recognise the stack. There it is, "lifesize" on the cover!!
I'm horoned that you installed it on one of your shays, and honored again that you chose that loco for your article.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks kindly my good friends. Had another publication "ModelRail UK October issue) of photos I took of a British 00 railroad here in the UK, all in all, there were 17 photos (Just waiting to get paid for that) LOL

Pete, That stack was a work of art, just wish I had kept it for my 0n30 shay.

Shamus

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
FINALLY, I managed to find a copy yesterday at a nearby hobby shop. Walthers had not yet received their August issues as of this past Tuesday--I was there in person then.

Paul, you do fabulous work. Thank you for giving us the heads up to look for it. Your trackplan is similar to one I used in a 9 1/2 ft. X 12 1/2 ft. spare bedroom a few years back--amazing coincidence there. Your cover shot is great; my only complaint is that they put the magazine title block over the best part of the bridge! For such a wonderful photo, they could have omitted the magazine title just this once!!! My favorite photo, by the way, is on the middle of page 40. Looking forward to your next article.
--Stu--