Prototype Photo Contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Ralph, GREAT SHOT! I didn't know any of these survived. I may have to make a trip up there to see it one of these days...:D
Green Bay? Let's see, that's only about, what a couple hundred miles from Phoenix, right?!?? Yea, I can justify it...:p

Tom F

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Wow guys, some excellent photographs. Could use this little lot for a Gauge Calendar.:cool:

Shamus

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Well, since nobody else seems fit to post my favorite engine, I guess it is up to me! ;)

Here is the Rio Grande F9 A-B number 5771 at the Colorado Rail Museum in Golden Colorado. I took this picture in July of this year while we were out visiting the in-laws. Daniel and I had a blast and as I was browsing through the pictures from the trip, I found myself missing it. Maybe we'll have to take a trip to the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, Ga soon. :D

Michael

Attachments

• rgf9ab.jpg
    rgf9ab.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 93

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Here is my son standing in front of Frisco 1625 at the Dallas Railway Museum. I took this picture on November 1, 2002 during the Day Out with Thomas event.

(I reposted the picture... I didn't realize that I had my JPEG compression set at 0 when I posted the last one, so it ended up being a lot smaller than I had wanted...)

Attachments

• bryan and frisco 1625.jpg
    bryan and frisco 1625.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 227

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
my photo contest entry

Sitting up in Suffern, NY on a very cold, dark and snowy December morning, waiting for OIBU (a west bound freight from Oak Island, Newark to Buffalo NY). The local crew of WASF-3 begins to switch the yard to make up their Paterson run. Commuter traffic is a little lighter as it is Saturday. Then, right on schedule, the westbound RDC's blow by. (Dec. 1985)
rdc.jpg

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
hehehehe I like to play dirty!

Seriously, though, it's going to be tough to vote! Even thought I'm biased for my own picture because my son is in it, there are some really nice photos this month!

BTW, a larger version of my photo is now the backdrop on my computers at home and at work!

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
This is not exactly a prototype that I would model, but I find it to be some really interesting pictures, and wanted to post them here. I couldn't decide which picture to post, so I combined 4 pictures, hopes it’s ok. Also, of course by combining them, the picture became quite large (197kb), hope that is ok too. If not, then I will delete it immediately. The pictures are from MachuPicchu in Peru from my trip this summer. The train goes from Cusco to Aqua Calienter, an 110km trip that takes almost 4 hours. The highest point on the line is just outside Cusco, a place called Poroy at 3486 meter above sea level. From Cusco there are several switchbacks to get to the top of the mountain (Poroy) and from there on its downhill the next 93 km to Aqua Caliente. It was a great trip, and I hope you don’t mind me posting the pictures here.

Thanks
Jesper
jk.jpg

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
Hey Jesper, I think there needs to be a lot more "divulged" about your trip. I saw this railway featured on "Michael Pailin's Full Circle" series on Public Television. Ever since then, I have been wishing for more information. I think you should do an internet article with LOTS more pictures (they are excellent by the way) and a narrative...

Tom F

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by jkristia
This is not exactly a prototype that I would model, but I find it to be some really interesting pictures, and wanted to post them here.

I think it would be an awesome model; unique and colorful! I'll bet the lady inthte dress is yelling at the guy on the tracks (in espanial), "Pinky, get off the line! Get off the line you bloody fool!" :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.