Prototype paint schemes

n-scaler-dude

Not sure if this is the right board for this question, but here goes:

I have a Bachmann 4-8-4 decorated with Santa Fe markings and I am considering re-painting and decorating it as a Frisco "Meteor". Is there a place on the web to find color photos or color diagrams of paint schemes for different railways?

I have the book "Frisco Power", but it only shows b&w photos.:(

n-scaler-dude

Wow!, them are some great sites!

Amazing what the net can hold. I just kind of got into all this and just about anything you need, as far as information goes, can be found on here.

Unfortunately I didn't find exactly what I was looking for and the Frisco page doesn't look like it is maintained regularly, so I emailed what looks to be a major contributor to the page. Maybe he will be able to help me out.

Thanks guys.

n-scaler-dude

Well, haven't found any clor pic's yet, but I have found some b&w ones and a description of the colors.

The basic colors are "zephyr" blue and white, with a red cab roof.

Next questino...what color is "zephyr" blue? Is a standard railroad color or something?

Also found out that the Frisco line was very proud of their steam loco's. At the end of each run they'd get a good stean cleaning, with kerosene, and paint touchup. There probably won't even be a need for me to weather them.:)