Proto photo: Consumer's Glass

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Spotted this beauty while out driving around today. The place is fenced off and there's a security gate, which I tried but was refused admission because the person who could authorize was not there. That's okay, I got a lot of photos from outside the gate. Here's one, looking west.

Attachments

• sidelr.jpg
    sidelr.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 139
  • sidelr.jpg
    sidelr.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 126

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Great shots of an industry that looks compact enough to model almost as is! Are those cylindrical things on the top of the buildings some sort of vent?
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Great shots Val.... I wonder how much cereal I would need to eat in order to do something like that in N scale. :) :rolleyes: I can dream for now I guess. In the meantime, keep those pics coming.

Don

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by Clerk
Won't be long before somebody on the Gauge builds a model of it.

Give Robin about 72 hours, and I am sure he'll have some pictures up for us ;). Why so long? Well, he is working on the Canada Malting Plant ... wait, that's probably done by now...! :D

Andrew

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Wow another great group of photos Val. You are right guys, I want to build this one. I have the perfect spot for it. To begin with I have saved the photos to my hard drive and will print them for reference.
There is a glass factory in Brampton that can be seen from the 410 highway. Is this the same one Val?

cpr_paul

Jul 2, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Originally posted by Matthyro
There is a glass factory in Brampton that can be seen from the 410 highway. Is this the same one Val?

It looks like it to me - right at Clark and the 410. I've ever only seen them switch it once. There is/was also a bunch of old 40' boxcars sitting along the 410 side of the building. I could never figure out what they were doing there.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
Wow another great group of photos Val. You are right guys, I want to build this one. I have the perfect spot for it. To begin with I have saved the photos to my hard drive and will print them for reference.

Yes - that's the one. It's actually now owned by Owens Illinois and called OI Canada.

I have more photos Robin, mostly close-ups of details I can email to you whenever you need them. Unfortunately I was not able to stop for a shot of the tracks. Maybe another time.

Ralph, those are vents.

cheers
Val