Pros/Cons fo the Losi Mini T??

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by bandit1, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

any1 have the truck? i am really considering buying it for a backyard basher and winter time "victim!". if u have the truck, or are planning to get the truck wat did or do u like about it and wat do u disslike about it?, if anything. also wat kind of motor options do u have with the truck? thanks in advance!:D
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

my oppinion is a con,it is to small and too slow for my taste. 1:10 scale is the best.1:8 scale is cool too but anything bigger than that like 1/4 scale,you mind as well get into gokart racing.smaller than 1:10 scale? thats as cheasey as the `stock class` of 1:10 scale racing.but thats just me.and probably tons of people.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

stock class racing is cool were it is all about the car and the driver but the motors are slow.why go slow?
  4. imfast

imfast Member

i got it and got a trinity motor and it goes faster now i love it cant wate for the bigger wheels and rims that trinity is coming out with in feburary well any ways i love it
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well, when u say faster, how faster? like MPH? also anyone else that has one or know someone with 1 wat do u think???
  6. imfast

imfast Member

well with the motor i got in it it goes alot faster dont know how fast but i cant run faster thin it and i dont have a radar gun so i cant tell hehe
  7. dale3

dale3 New Member

they say that with the stock motor and a 7.2 bat. pack it will do about 15 mph.we have 5 of them and built a track for the winter time while the real trucks are sleeping.and for such little things they rock .an awsome way to pass the snowy months there cheep to fix if they break and hop-ups are cheep too.hop ups are a little hard to get right now due to high demand but give it a month or so.they would be cooler if they were nitro but the fun factor is high enough and thats what counts (right?).
  8. dirtovallMaster

dirtovallMaster New Member

they dont have oil filled shocks and they bounce alot on small bumps and jumps
  9. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

hey bandit this is derek n.(hpi nrs43racr) dude the mini t is awsome i haev 2 and they are great, they need oil filled shocks but those are out now just are in high demand as dale3 said but they are fun as hell
  10. bandit1

bandit1 Member

derek, dude hows it going, im loving my rs4 3 by the way. so u guys r saying if u put oil filled shocks on it and a new motor(maybe) this thing will be good....? im still really looking into getting one. again, not for an everyday kinda or truck just one that i can take out when i get mad at my others and in the snow.
  11. dirtovallMaster

dirtovallMaster New Member

those trucks would be cool with the upgrade of suspension and motor.they may eventualy have orginized racing in thier class.
    i would recomend getting two of them,upgrade them and build a small dirt track to race each of them with someone.
    the track wouldnt have to be very big for them small trucks.
  12. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

hey how are you yea thats cool i just bought an os cvx-12racing engien and it doesn't fit in the car.:( Maybe if i get the graphite upper deck but im selling it right now, i got a mini-t with my own money just a word of advise if you do get one(and you should) make sure to pick up or get you hobby shop to order you a few front shock towers mine broke when i hit a pole so you know it is a good idea other than that they kick ass
  13. bandit1

bandit1 Member

dirtovallMaster-i have heard from a couple poeple that their track is getting another track just for the Mini-T's. I hope mine does!
    Savage-u should get a pretty penny out of that car! thanks for the heads up on the front shock towers.

i was also checking around a couple sites and saw the micro monster horsepower motor. do u have to get a new esc for the new motor or not. also is a good motor for more speed? and last, wat other kind of hop-ups do you all recamend for more speed? thanks a bunch guys!
  14. imfast

imfast Member

i got that motor and it works great you dont have to get any thing for it just the motor for the price i had to cheack it out and it last to
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.