proposed new rc car mag

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by reflex mark, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflex mark

reflex mark New Member

We are doing a little research on starting a new RC magazine geared only towards the "car" part of the RC market. Would cover nitro and electric, road course, paved oval and dirt oval, maybe occasional drag racing.
    Would cover all aspects; parts and car reviews, races, lots of tech and mods, in house project cars, readers project cars and more. Will focus entirely on CARS...more towards the competition aspect.
    Looking for some input and suggestions...anyone think it would be a good read??!!

regards
    mark[?][?]
  2. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

once you get your name out it should be a great sucess because not many mag have like just cars except for like 1 uropean mag and hey we are in america ova here all that stuff is like not for us we need a good american based rc racing mag. Not trying to discriminate ppl not in america if you took it the wrong way (to anyone who reads this)
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

Mark - your double post was removed. One thread should be more than enough on this topic.
  4. reflex mark

reflex mark New Member

If I had put it in the right spot on the board it would have been enough...did not realize I put it in the classifieds. Can you relocate it to the on road forum???

thanks
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

6. reflex mark

reflex mark New Member

hey guys...lots of you are looking at this post...even a simple yes we need a mag like this or no we don't would be helpful. Of course the more input the better.

thanks
  7. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

[:0] DUDE! theres only 1 thing i gotta say...it has to be available in the UK...if not WHY NOT?! [}:)] ... UK Rcers are ona down low :( ...the mag sounds good but if its not available in UK i will be senserily P***ed .... just my view as a Brit. :) o and good luck its sounds like a great mag dude [8)] and YES go ahead with it! :D
  8. SAVAGE123579

SAVAGE123579 Member

Dude you ovously havn't pics up on the racers mag radio race car based in teh uk all it talks about are the uk races some us races but not many they have all the stuff he is talking about us american don't have a good quality rc race car mag, (not to be mean)
  9. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

where can i get it from m8...? i cnt find one in my local newsagents
  10. reflex mark

reflex mark New Member

Been working on ideas for the mag...what do you think of this?
    The magazine is designed and printed more like a reference piece. It is printed on heavier paper with a heavy cover and is three hole punched so you can keep them filed in a three ring binder for quick reference.
    The publication may only be 24 pages but it is full of tech and product info relating to CARS. Advertising may take the form of sponsorship of different sections and articles which could take up less pages. The table of contents is on the front cover making it easy to "reference" any articles you are searching for. The publication would be available at hobby shops/tracks and by subscrition. Would still be a full color publication.
    Would be pro and rookie sections for the advanced and entry level racer. Attempts would be made to involve readers in testing and using equipment to get REAL world input and results.
    An extensive web site would support the publication and could offer interactive product reviews and more....
    We would rely heavily on real world application of product and tech.

mark
  11. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Sounds good...personally I am into offroad, but I'm sure you will do fine.
  12. reflex mark

reflex mark New Member

this concept could be applied to another publication that caters to the offroad crowd...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.