prop costume

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by julescrafter, Nov 27, 2008.

1. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

I want to ask you guys about building my own scout trooper costume. I plan to build a website which contains costumes, made by card (paper). including scout trooper will be in my site. I intend to share my patterns plan for free to anybody who wants to build their homemade paper costume. I'm a big fan of starwars (imperial army) but I can't afford to buy official prop costume.

Is it okay? I also want to recruit people in jakarta to join jakarta paper trooper. All for non commercial purposes just for fun... is it okay? I mean related to starwars fans club, anyone from starwars fans club here? If I have to be a member of global starwars fan club first, I will buy the membership kit.

any help or input is very appreciated and helpful to me..
    All the best

2. angevine

angevine Member

I wish you every success with this project. I am also a huge Star Wars fan and nearly purchased a full set of armour when I was in the states recently, until I worked out the conversion price and thought the wife will kill me if I brought that home....

There are a lot of free star wars models out there so I would imagine that it is ok to share your work, especially if for non profit. George Lucas does not seem to have a go at the designers of these models for copyright etc.. (please correct me if anyone knows any different).

All the best and looking forward to seeing your designs.

3. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Thank you Angevine... I also got a similar answer from the guy at starwars official forum, as long as I don't profiting money from it that's fine.

Okay then... it is mean a GO!! ok coming soon guys, scout trooper paper costume

may the force be with you
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

5. the4ce

the4ce Member

When the site will be realised? :mrgreen: Will there ever be a republic costume? :(

Good luck with the site!
  6. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

I'll add to nothing's woohoo an enthusiastic "Booyah!!"
  7. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

Yes! I look forward to your progress and wish you all the luck possible. I know what you mean about the cost of a stormtrooper armor kit. The good quality ones start at $600.00 minimum. If you read some of the sites dedicated to assembling a proper stormtrooper outfit they routinely say you will spend at least $1000.00 to have a complete set. I couldn't afford to buy a stormtrooper kit either so I decided to do a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I still have to build the blaster and make a holster. So far on that outfit I have spent about $300.00 but that was spread out over many purchases. If you ever decide to do a Rebel Trooper I could give you some reference photos or measurements on the helmet.
  8. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

thanks guys for the support, scout trooper helmet progress, still rough/raw model

The helmet will be custom for everyone, depend on your head circumference, I will make the formula to calculate the scale, example mine is 100% and someone will need to resize 108% to fit perfectly.

may the force be with you
  9. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

/wipes drool off keyboard
  10. clif52

clif52 Banned

Great to see you get into the costumes. I've loved the Wall-E and the Star Wars models on your site. Keep up the great work. I look forward to more posts on the costumes.