Project Warhawk - Papercraft project

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by skuppers, Oct 9, 2007.

1. skuppers

skuppers New Member

After 45 or so hours or so of is Complete!

Here are the wonderful picture of the finished product that I am very proud of.

Considering this is my first papercraft EVER, I am quite happy with the result, quite !

Here you go and thanks for tuneing in!

Final model Gallery:

Extremely happy with the outcome, and again thanks for viewing!

Looking forward to the new models on the Warhawk website, coming soon!

2. skuppers

skuppers New Member

OH...Does anyone know the "spray" that adds the shine/protective coat to the model?

I want to finish it off by spraying it so the colors don't fade in the sun.

3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

You did a great job there. Well done! :)

Judging by the number of pics, I can see you're proud of it too. You should be. :)
  4. skuppers

skuppers New Member

hehe thanks!

I'm very new to this, and someone told me about using black marker along the fold lines....I'm not sure how that works, can someone explain?

LOL Yes I;m very proud...I had to hold the wings for a good 10 minutes before they eventually would stay on their own...then I left them overnight to dry :) - hardest part
  5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Yeah, you just gently run the marker along the fold edges to colour in the white paper that's under the ink where you score the paper prior to folding. Normal felt tip pens do it fine but I'm sure there are other techniques. Getting a colour match is the hardest part.
  6. skuppers

skuppers New Member

Would a ball-point work well? It would roll easily on the fold I imagine....
  7. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Looks good!
  8. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That looks good for a first model.:thumb:

I usually color the edges of the cut pieces before glueing. I even sometime color a little bit of the tabs when used so the white does not show at the fold. Prang brand colored pencils work good and you can blend them a little to help match the color. I have found that dipping them quickly in some water makes them act like water color pencils where the color will flow. That helps when an edge or tab was missed prior to assembly. Other techniques are to use acrylic paint, chalk, and the felt tip pen mentioned. Some people just use a black or light grey color to knock down the harshness of the stark white paper.
  9. daredevilbr

daredevilbr Member

great work!!!
  10. Paladin

Paladin Member

I use markers, and often times some water colors, with a very fine tip brush. I just figure out which color best matches the nearby colors on the paper, and lightly touch-up the edges. It works quite well.

By the way Skuppers, that is an excellent model. I have downloaded it, but I have not yet worked up the courage to build it. My most complicated build has been the Babylon 5 Thunderbolt III, and the ARC-170 fighter from Star Wars Episode 3