Project Phoenix!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Apr 1, 2008.

What project should I start?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2008.
  1. A series of 1:1000 TOS Star Trek ships?

23 vote(s)
  2. Vesels from the Terran Trade Authority books?

14 vote(s)
  3. A comprehensive set of Freespace 2 ships?

8 vote(s)
  4. Stop messing around and make some more Warhammer stuff!

21 vote(s)
  5. Something completely different!

18 vote(s)
  1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Assuming the worst, and being a pessimist by nature ( expect the worst and you only get pleasant surprises! ) I am doing that... then my hard-drive with most of my work in progress projects on it has been wiped. This does, however, leave me with a bit if a quandry....

I want to start a project.... a nice, useful and wanted project... but I have no idea what to do. Well...actually, I have loads of ideas, but I can't make up my mind!!!

So.... in time honoured fashion, I will ask you guys !

What would you most like to see released for build?
  2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Commiserations on the Back-up disaster FB ~ I still haven't recovered from mine.. It hurts !!

I have to vote for TTA subjects ~ a classic old topic that has fond memories for most of our ( older) SF members. Apart from the Hornet, Interstellar Queen, and the Cutlass ekuth is developing, there's no others out there.

Mmmm.. After seeing your work on the 40K tank, I'll have to mention one that's not on your list.( If anyone could do them justice, it'd be you!)

BOLO TANKS !!!!
  3. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

The TTA ships please! TDA Barracuda would be a nice start.

Attached Files:

4. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

I second That! (TTA ships)
  5. roccagen

roccagen New Member

TTA 's got my vote....
  6. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Ok 24 votes so far, and the results are swinging in favour of the Trek ships! TTA is a close second, alomg with the Warhammer fans who want me to stop messing about and make some more maybe a Landraider, or a Stormsword ....

Then again, I reckon a nicely detailed Hornet along with a Shark would be a good start point... with a 'Nuclear Kite' and some Sentinel's to go with. I reckon the Alphan ships would be a challenge...very curvy!

Freespace 2 fans are just not voting! Some of those fighters would look great with a few detail layers on ....

Then...there are the 'something else' fans ... but no suggestions as to what that might be!

Don't you just love a vote!
  7. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Still voting for the TTA models but on ideas for the something else side some Farscape models would make a nice change or some 1/1 scale weapons.
  8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I voted for the Warhammer models
  9. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

Star Trek Addict

I'm working on a couple 1/1000 Star Trek ships now. So a couple more to round out the 'fleet' would be cool. I've been thinking of recreating one of the drawings in the original Tech Manual where a Scout/Destroyer, a Dreadnaught, and a Connie are docked inside a star base. Though anything 1/1000 would be appreciated.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Warhammer. Your on a roll... keep rolling along.

So so many models to build. No one else is designing them.
  11. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

1:1000 Trek ships, specifically TMP-era vessels. I would appreciate a nice Chandley-class frigate and a Cour de Leon-class battleship. :)

Here's a page full of other TOS/TMP Trek designs, literally hundreds to choose from. All the drawings are in scale with one another to the pixel.
  12. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

How about one that you started once and promised to get done like, oh , I don't know ... got it! A detailed Star Destroyer from Stars Wars! Yeah, that's it. Many promise, so far none have delivered. Will you be the one? :p
  13. Joe Brown

Joe Brown New Member

TTA ships, please!

Any is good - some of the wrecks and derelicts are potentials, too! Older members? I'm not that old.... wait, 45 is getting up there, eh?

Millenniumfalsehood, if you get over to Wonderfest this year, I'll personally see to it that you take the time to flip through all 4 of the TTA books. I bring a flippin' library up there with me every year, and it's always paid off in entertainment value alone!
  14. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I wish you had shown them to me last year, Joe. Unfortunately, because of a previous commitment I'll have to miss Wonderfest this year. Stupid scheduling conflicts! :curse: But look for me next year. I've got a project in the works that will blow the socks off all the starship modelers at the pool party. :twisted:

I've never personally seen any of the TTA books, but the artwork alone has piqued my interest.
  15. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

16. Falwin

Falwin New Member

Go, Warhammer, GO!!!
  17. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Looking like a close run poll ... TTA ships, Warhammer models and Trek ships are pulling ahead ...

The Star Destroyer will get finished one day ...but there may be issues with release of some of the parts. They may need re-doing. She has suffered a bit of damage while I have been doing other things...but that was only to the framework underneath. That's easy to patch up and will not show. I have even secured a supply of plain white card to do the main sheeting... just need to mark out the chief 'greeble' sites. I will use greeble layers to cover the joins between sheets! So, Elliot, there is a good chance that this will happen whatever else I work on!
  18. Nosports

Nosports Member

I would opt for TTA-Models.

As i am a big SF Fan, also SW ST, but there are a big mountain of models for both series. Also Warhammer is not underrepresented.

But TTA-Models ???
    I know only of 3 Models..... so there is a big hint to catch up.....

But also, some Freespace1&2 model wouldn't be a waste on me
  19. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Decisions, Decisions. I still want that Discovery to hang long and large from my office ceiling. But after you're finished making that? I love the TTA stuff, and would absolutely love to see some of the amazing ships from Freespace made into paper models...especially the bigger vessels. I'm not a huge trek fan, and have never played WH40k, but I love the paper models of stuff you've made from those games, and would gladly take more of that too.
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

The Discovery is officially hosed, and will need to be started again from scratch. I have tried to recover the files, but neither the PDO's or the 3D model files I made them from have survived in a state where I can open them again. I am not a happy bunny here at all.

I will try the project again, but I need to have a decent period of mourning for the fallen before I start work on the thing again.