Project Ideas!?!?

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Daniceguy805, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Daniceguy805

Daniceguy805 Guest

My buddy just was give a pretty nice nitro rc on-road and i have seen a couple drifters and i like real drifting so i started to look them up..... i found one that i like but im not to sure on gas r/c's never had one but really want to get into it .. its a Yokomo RX-7fc drifter check the link out----------http://www.yokomousa.com/kits/drift_package/street_version/dp_street.htm-------but i really need some help deciding so any help would be much apreciated! thanks
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

im not a fan of nitro RC's for drifting, but thats just me. I dont recomend Nitro for beginners because there is a lot that can go wrong, and without experiance it can be really difficult to work.

However, Nitro's are a lot of fun to play with, and have a lot of potential. That kit would be one of the best to get, because its fairley cheap, and is a well known, and carried kit. When ordering a new car and such, you want to make sure your local hobby shop has a lot of parts for your car, incase you hit a wall or such.
  3. Daniceguy805

Daniceguy805 Guest

alot of work

well i understand and with the yokomo one i want, i would have to order everything and i do mean everything.. i also understand that its alot of work but i am positive i dont want an electric car i want gas, and i really want to start learning about it!? what would would i really need to make an rc drift!?
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Practice. Honestly, it doesnt take anything but practice to drift. If you have a working RC Car, all you need from there is to practice with it. There are things that can make it a bit easyer such as ABS tires, or "Stage D" HPI Rubbers, but it only takes practice to really start drifting.
  5. jwhert

jwhert Guest

w/ nitro drifting you wont need drift tires made of pipe or tape, you will want actual rubber, the nitro has power to break it lose, you wont get anywhere w/ the pipe, actual tires made for drifting might work though, i have an ofna ld3 nitro, the stock tires suck so bad, perfect for drifting
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Depends, some cars cant break it loose quick enough. With a centrafugal clutch, you can "drop" the clutch to get almost instant traction loss.... you have to spool up to it, so useing pipe would have it use newtons law of objects in motion, haveing force to just turn and initate the slide, then you spool it and it will break the tires loose, giving you the ability to drift.

However some engines, and clutches with lighter springs or aluminum, spool quick, grab fast, and stay on the clutch bell. Plus, if you have a two speed, thats another clutch, and you can shift mid drift, and it will almost stop your drift, or just make you go other directions. I usually recomend just droping to a single speed for that reason.
  7. jwhert

jwhert Guest

i have my 2 speed set so it is almost impossible to hit 2nd in a drift, but its still there for speed if i have more distance
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Thats still good, mainly if you do track drifting. If you notice, a lot of people use parts, b-ball courts, their driveway. In those cramped spaces you cant get much speed, but they still have their two speed set so low it shifts. However, i do most of my drifting on a local track. Thats where a two speed would be worth it in the sweepers. I would just take a LOT of tweeking...