Progress?

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Charlie the row houses around here all looked exactly alike and I don't think I'm a good enough scratchbuilder to pull that off. I settled on American Model Builders laser wood kits. They list for $25 but I got em' for $20. Each kit makes 3 house which is less than $7 per house and has enough material left over to add a front porch on em', so all in all not a bad deal. The row houses around here were one story and small (about 500 or 600 sq. ft.), they also had front porches (which the kit maker hadn't figured on) so these fit the bill perfectly.

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 94

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Most of the ones around here were on concrete slabs so I did the same thing using balsa wood. One down ( I know it looks like two but it's the same one ), 5 to go :eek: . Sorry about the pics being a little fuzzy, to tired to re-take em'. :D

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 90

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Those are perfect Tyson!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Once again, you've put together something that is the essence of Appalachia!
Man, if you could cobble up one of those old wringer wash tubs to go on that porch, you will have the "real McCoy"!
Nice work!

p.s. Whatever ya dew, don' fergit t' thrrow in somma dem dawgs! :D

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
and probably a rusted out car or two on blocks somewhere on the property.:D :D

That tobacco farm is right out of a picture from the highway. I swear I have driven by that place in my trips from Virginia back to St. Louis. It is a great piece of modeling.:) :) :)

Love the locos coming out of the tunnel too.

Keep the pics a'comin'!!!

:) :) :)