Progress Report

Vic

Originally posted by kettlestack

I'm chuckling at what looks like 200 watts of lighting you've fitted, super for photography but i'm wondering if it will eventually bleach the colours of your models over a period of three or four years.

At the lighting supply place that you got the tubes you should be able to get some UV filter sleeves that slip over the tubes and will eliminate the problem. They are clear and won't affect the light intensity.

You got a problem...The Robber Barrons have a "fix" for it!!:D :D

spitfire

Thanks a lot Brakie, Vic, Gary, 88, and Errol!

I'm going to be using that backdrop painting technique that Gavin Miller posted awhile back. And yes, I promise to prime the masonite first!

Do you really think these lights will bleach my layout or are you guys just pullin' my leg? Nawww, you wouldn't do that to a fellow Baroness ..... or would you?

cheers
:cool: Val

aartwmich

YYYAAAYYYYY Val!! Lookin GOOD! :D

Hey I remember some talk about curving the backdrop??

Looks like you have a great start, the transformation is awesome..have fun and good luck!

Sir_Prize

Let the sun shine...Let the sun shine...

Oops! Sorry saw your pic and the comments and that song just
popped in my head.

Wonderful work. Ain't no cockroachs hiding in there!;)

spitfire

Originally posted by aartwmich

Hey I remember some talk about curving the backdrop??

Hehehe, you're right aart, I wimped out. Decided instead to have a really tall building in that corner.

Ken, with a voice like that you've gotta come to the night-time chat room. We do a lot of singing of the oldies there!

cheers
:D Val

Clerk

Val.
For a curved backdrop, I suggest you contact Robin. You can't tell the curve from the straight section unless he tells you where it is.

RailRon

Hi Val, you're a real lucky person! Since you model the urban scene, you just camouflage that corner away with a skyscraper.

Now if there only were skyscrapers in the Colorado rockies... :rolleyes:

Re moisture problem: I think that you needn't worry about that. As the pic shows, the Masonite doesn't touch the wall. Air circulation will evaporate any condensate quickly, as long as there is an open slit along the bottom and the top. We had a similar setup in a club layout for years and never any problems.

Can't wait for more pictures how you are getting along...

Ron

spitfire

Well, I just got finished priming the back drop. I found a great colour for the sky and I can hardly wait to try it out tomorrow. It's Pratt & Lambert "Alaskan Blue".

I won't bother posting pics of the primer job - suffice it to say that it looks very white!

better put my shades on

spitfire

Originally posted by RailRon

Now if there only were skyscrapers in the Colorado rockies... :rolleyes:

Colorado Rockies???? Who needs skyscrapers??? Stick a big ol' mountain in there and Bob's yer uncle!

Also, thanks for the info on moisture - it's most welcome. I wasn't about to go ripping off that masonite anyway, so I'm glad to hear it's not necessary. :D :D :D :D

cheers

Lighthorseman

Wow. No-mess Construction.

Beautiful work, Val. I really enjoy following your progress, and remain hugely impressed by the outstanding job you do.:)