Progress Pictures on the ACT RR

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by fifer, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Great Horny Toads!!!
    Mighty fine looking things ya' got go'in on there.
    ;) :D :thumb:
  2. SmolderZ

SmolderZ Member

Wow fifer!, very nice layout!!!

Is this your first?, cause it looks very professional! :cool:
  3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Very nice work, Fifer!
    Nice track plan, really like what you've done with the backdrop, & some great modeling!
    :cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
  4. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

Very cool.
    That's what I call a nice layout.
    :thumb: :thumb:

5. jkristia

jkristia Member

NICE, wow, some really great modeling. Love the mountain backdrop, is that a commercial one or did you paint it? It really adds a lot of depth to the pictures.
  6. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Nice work! The Indian ruins and lake are a really nice touch. I don't think I've ever seen anyone model ruins like that on a layout.
  7. marc gast

marc gast Member

Any Photos of the "Toad" ?

Just givin' ya a hard time. The layout looks good. The room seems to have the same decor as it did before I moved to Grand Rapids. Is that the NYC Rocket car on the upper shelf?

8. fifer

fifer Active Member

Hey Marc , The room is the same I just tore out the Ho and went back in with the new N Scale.
    No that is an HO F40PH ,it has a bachmann shell and Atlas drive with a Kato motor. Like a dumb A** I sold the Jet Car.
  9. fifer

fifer Active Member

New Progress

Here are some pictures of the latest progress.

Attached Files:

• p7.jpg
      File size:
      31 KB
  10. fifer

fifer Active Member

Plaster around ruins

Attached Files:

11. fifer

fifer Active Member

Tunnel at cement plant

Attached Files:

12. fifer

fifer Active Member

New tunnel added at top of picture.
    The orig. trackage looked to flat.

Attached Files:

13. fifer

fifer Active Member

Some of the downtown.
    Paving is thin styrene and will be painted and sidewalks will be put under the ones with none , and some buildings are being painted right now.

Attached Files:

14. Anachron

Anachron Member

looking great fifer! :D

I love the tunnel at the cement plant :D

keep up the good work and keep the pictures comin to :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  15. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That is impressive work and has to be rewarding to do. I am inspired by your southwest theme since a lot of the terrain is similar to that here in Arizona, including the indian ruins.

How about a couple of distance shots to give us a better prospective of the overall layout?

16. shaywen

shaywen Member

Wow, terrific work. I especially like the sense of distance you've achieved in the desert wall and the mesa corner. It's hard to tell where the backdrop begins, it blends so well. Nice overpass, what's it made from?

17. fifer

fifer Active Member

Shaywen , the overpass is a standard Rix 1930's overpass but each piece had to be bent first and then assembled ( of coarse it needs to be painted).
    The concrete ramp up to it was made from scratch and is curved down into town.
    Thanks Mike
  18. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

That's a beautiful layout you've got going there. That Indian Ruins part is a nice touch!

:thumb: :thumb:
  19. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It's great to see your progress. A neat looking layout.
  20. Agatheron

Agatheron Member

Looks good... do you have a track plan to post, other than the schematic that you have available? I'm curious to see an overview of the whole thing, and where the yard fits into it...

Looking good!