Progress Photos on the BNSF Whitehead Sub

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Hoss, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Hoss

Hoss Member

For those following my posts you know that not only did I recently begin a new layout, but that yesterday I decided to trash it and start all over.

So, out with the OLD...

And in with the NEW!!

I managed to completely disassemble the above benchwork (screw by screw) and build part of the framework for the new layout in about 6 hours time. The portion of the layout you see below is 7'x11' and is the main part of the layout. An extension will be added when I get more wood, making the overall dimensions 9'x17'. You can see the proposed track plan in HERE.'s the start on the new layout...

2. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I hope I'm not responsible for that in anyway! (Tearing apart your layout before it's even up and running I mean!)

3. Hoss

Hoss Member

If you are it's just a case of layout envy....with that huge layout you've got and all. ;)

Actually, I just never could come up with a track plan I was happy with on the other benchwork.
  4. Hoss

Hoss Member

More progress....

5. Yucan

Yucan New Member

what's up with that door? :)
    are you in Australia?? :D :D :D
    I've never seen an entryway like that!

Good work on the benchwork, btw.
  6. Hoss

Hoss Member

Not Australia....Texas. And, it's not an entry door, it's a door that opens up to the closet that the hot water heater is located in. Local codes requires that gas hot water heaters in the garage be a minimum of 18" off the ground. :)
  7. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Very cool! :)

Btw, that's a nice looking neighborhood you got there!
  8. Hoss

Hoss Member

The neighborhood is okay if you're a suburb kind of guy. I'm a country boy. The neighbors are great, but I prefer acreage and fresh air. ;)