Progress on trolley module

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Oct 15, 2004.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

Val,I love your style of building a layout.. :thumb: I have always thought it best to do one section at a time instead of trying to the whole thing at once. :thumb:
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Val, I like your layout. Here in So Cal we don't generally have the luxury basements to model in. Looking at your layout pictures, it looks like the trolley peninsula is set on top of the main layout instead of against it. Did I see that correctly? If so, how do you plan to transition the scenery?
  3. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Dang Val!!!!
    Sure wish I had all them buildings done in N scale ;)
    Exciting to see your city beginning to take shape i bet.
    You mean to tell me that big ol steamer of yours wont make a 9" Radius :D :D :D
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks Brakie!! I have to do it that way, since I'm learning as I go :)

Russ, that's right, the trolley is on top of the mainline. The idea is that the trains go underground there, under the RR station. The transition will be a gradual rise of scenery on either side of the RR cut and then a tunnel portal - more of a girder portal actually. Hope it looks good when I finally do it, hehe.

5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nope! Go figure!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, check out my latest aquisition. I went to the LHS for some stripwood and came home with

6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Looks good So Far val!! :D :D :D
  7. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Are you going to have access problems should you have a derailment at the station?
  8. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Looking good Val.

Gary, I like your idea of no ties for the trolley line.

Russ, Canadian trains don't derail <sure they don't>. Val, you could leave access space open under the Trolley penninsula.
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

LOL Will!!!

Russ, that's a good point. It should be fairly easy to make the station area removable for access, so I think that's what I'll do. Thanks! :)

10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Good Val, :wave: Keep up the great work. :thumb: :thumb:
  11. jetrock

jetrock Member

Neat indeed! Orr girder rail is legendary stuff--thankfully George at is selling it again!
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

More progress

Thanks folks. I've made some more progress Sunday and Monday night with the spackle roadways. I'm bringing them up to just below the top of the rails and man! it sure uses a lot of material. I'm glad I bought 2 tubs on the weekend as I'm halfway thru the second one already.

The part at the bottom of the picture is a sort of park, and the track thru there will be ballasted. The in-street track will have bricks between and around it. You can see some of the brick I ripped off an old diorama at the top of the pic.

Attached Files:

13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Not easy to do I am sure Val but you are making good progress. Waiting to see the bricks in place.
  14. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looking Good Val :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  15. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Very impressive Val, but then all your modeling is! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Jim
  16. interurban

interurban Active Member

Looking great, bricks in the street , we use to call them cobble stones Val.
    back home.
    Have got your overhead wire yet?
  17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Uh-oh Chris - I knew you were going to bring that up!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Dare I tell you I've only got a Bachmann trolley ordered?

:cry: Please forgive me!!!! :cry:

18. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb: Good job I got 500feet spare :thumb: And the makings for er few poles, intrested??

Railview has a great brill white metal super motor for about $90.
  19. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Well, this is certainly going fine. A spiffy module indeed, Val.
  20. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

You are making great progress Val! Can't wait to see more!