progress on my N gage modules

Bill Pontin

Finally figured out how to stack and lock both of my 2x4 ft modules so they interlock for transportation to and from shows. The stack or cube should not be too hard to transport, 26" x 48" x 36" high. The legs serve several purposes, they are bolted on with "T" nuts to space and hold the sections together and to provide protection to the delicated track ends. Put it together and took it apart several times to work out any bugs.

Bill P:)

Attachments

• mvc-017s.jpg
    mvc-017s.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 168

Bill Pontin

Have to get busy now and start painting and adding the scenery. Was not too sure how much space I had between the modules. Plenty of room, should have no problem leaving everything in place during transportation. Picture is looking down into one end, little hard to visualize, but the mountains nest nicely. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• mvc-018s.jpg
    mvc-018s.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 154
Looks real sturdy Bill, I'm impressed, good work.

Top photo..... pity the "GAUGE IND" lettering isn't larger though, I found it difficult to read :)

Are you using Sculptamould for your mountains to keep the weight down?

(chuckling here) .. Is your new motto "Have Layout, Will Travel"?

Errol

Drew1125

Bill,
You're a genius!
You've kind of put a whole new spin on that "The Box" thing haven't you? :D
Really looking forward to seeing some pics of these modules in action!

Bill Pontin

Thank you fellows for the kind words, Charlie it will be some time before I can use the modules in a club layout. Next show is not until September, so I can take my time finishing them. Another problem is that summer limits my model railroad activities. Love to work in the garden, have to finish the grandchildrens tree house and dawgone it's almost time to put the kayaks on the car roof and take off on any good Saturday or Sunday that comes along. :cool:

Bill P