Progress in HO ... at last!

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Well Guys,
I've spoken of a bakery and team tracks in other posts.
It took me long enough but here are a couple of photos of what my layout looks like. It's a long way from being finished but I'll get there! ... (this time :) )

Top photo is my scrachbuilt depot/crane/platform (with the box about to be unloaded) and to the left is my cattle pen. I trust this is what one would expect on a teamtrack?

Bottom photo is my scratchbuilt "Arbentors Bakery".

BTW... If I'm wrong about team tracks let me know (I can take it on the chin :) )

Errol

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 241

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Errol,
You GOT the team track ! Good lookin' scene ! The bakery, though intended to be the "center" of the picture, is "overshaddowed" by the brown shack in the middle of the picture.
Its character, and the very natural clutter around it caught my eye right away. That's the kind of impact I'd like to get in every scene I do ! By the same token, the depot in the first shot is so much what you'd expect in a scene like that ,it's almost overlooked at first. Great work, keep it up !
Pete

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Excellent work, Errol!
Can't wait to see more of those great looking structures!
Give us some details on how you built them!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Nice work Errol, and good looking photo's. Yeah, where's the track plan for us to drool over?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Team tracks were used instead of a platform type loading area, teams of horses (Hence the name Team) would draw up to the box car or what ever, and unload onto their buggy. That's what was explained to me a number of years ago (Won't tell you how many:D)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Here's the track plan, to a certain extent the main (scenic area) is kinda like a "Timesaver switching layout" and I based it on the "Northwest Terminal" by Mat Chibbaro's "Model Railroading In Small Spaces" (A Kalmbach Book).

The staging area is also a switching layout under separate block control. It was originally to be just a place to put all my rolling stock but as I had a heap of Atlas turnouts I felt it would give my wife some work to do making up consists. :)

It all works beautifully but I'm beginning to think I should have made it N gauge (I have heaps of N stuff). I really will have to do something with the lighting though!

I just wish I could design and build the older style of buildings which I like faster than at present. At present I'm going for overall effect, later I will get heavy into detail and correcting that which is "not all that good".

After seeing Shamus's working pace since January I decided to get "Stuck into this one" about the same time.... this layout is the furthest I've got to completing any layout and it's taken me almost three months to get this far, (Lone Ranger's on his own as Tonto has no interest in trains).

SEE WHAT YOU MADE ME DO SHAMUS????? Man! you have a lot to answer for!! :D :D. btw, did the whole file of the Tat IV throttle arrive?

Errol

Attachments

• all track.jpg
    all track.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 192

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Errol my friend, SORRY if I made you work too hard, I expect to see the layout finished in two weeks from now, so GET CRACKING.

:D :D :D

NO, the diagram has not arrived yet :confused:

Track plan looks great also.