Prodigy Advance Readback Values

colin

Feb 10, 2005
canada
I have a Prodigy Advance system and a few locos with MRC, Atlas and Digitrax decoders. Will the Prodigy system only "read back" MRC decoders? When I try to read back an Atlas factory installed decoder it reads as "ERR". When I try to "read back" Digitrax every thing reads back as 00. All the locos work fine. When I try to change a CV value on a digitrax decoder and I look at the manual, everything looks Chineese to what I am used to on the MRC decoders. Can I change CV values on the Atlas and Digitrax Decoders?
Please help; Colin

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
Hi Colin
To answer your first question the PA will read back any decoder. I only have Digitrax decoders and have no problem reading the, make sure that your programg track is clean and the wheel sets are clean I had that as a problem when trying to read/write before. What cv's are you trying to program on the Digitrax? I'll be working on the error problem with the Atlas.

colin

Feb 10, 2005
canada
Good Morning Rich;
I just cleaned program track, wheels are also clean. I want to read the loco address. I know the address is 280. (recall 280 and loco works perfect) Put it on program track and read adr and it reads 00.
Any advice; Colin