Problems (?) with Pepakura

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bob43, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

I converted a bmp file showing the outlines of a airplane cockpit, to dxf using both wintopo and TraceArt software. No problem. Using a 'view' software, the dxf file is OK.
    When I open the file in either Pepakura or Blender software, all I see is a white screen. What's going on? Can anyone help?
    Bob Schedler
    Free card model airplane sites
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Did you convert it into polylines rather than surfaces? That might be the reason for Blender / Pepakura not reading it.
  3. Bob43

Bob43 Model Designer Extrodinaire Cornerstone Member

Thanks Lex - I still have a problem.
    I designed the outlines of a Dash-8 cockpit as a bmp, converted it to dxf format (which claims to be supported by Pepakura).
    I then opened Pepakura, opened the dxf file and nothing appears.
    Not quite sure what you mean by converting to polylines/surfaces - do I do this before I save as dxf, or only in Pepakure?
    Sorry, I'm a bit stupid about CAD, but if you can lead me through the system I would be very grateful.
    My models are all free and can be viewed on my site Free card model airplane sites . Until now, I always designed models the by hand, usually no great problem, but the cockpits!!! - very tiring, and I thought I could use some software to flatten to 2D.

Attached Files: