Problems with Modelik's Hanriot

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Dragos, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Does anyone build the Hanriot from Modelik? I'm building it theese days and I have a big problem. I seems that the piece number 15 is smaller as 16 . In fact 16 should be smaller as 15.

Attached Files:

2. modelperry

modelperry Member

My question is why are 14 and 15 pointing to the same piece and would this piece actually go on the inside of 16 since it has no tab?:confused:

Sorry,I don't have the kit, just commenting on what I see in the photo.

3. rman

rman New Member

The way it looks to me parts should be numbered this way and #15 is open at the bottom of the cowling. That is why it is shorter with no tab
  4. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Oh no , not the wrong numbers are my problem. A little printing mistake is not a big deal.
    Here is my problem: As you can see piece number 15 is far too small as 14 and also 16. The size of the pieces should br like this: 14>15>16 but in reality is like this: 14>>15<16.
    One other problem are the edges of the piece 15, they are to be cut in a wrong angle so after the glueing there is a white triangle there. :cry::cry:
    when a piece is bigger is very easy to make her small but when she is smaller I can say : "Houston , we have a problem"

Attached Files:

NULLMOON Member

i have both this and the seaplane variant too i didnt notice this until you pointed it out its like this on both kits:confused:the instructions show all these parts one after another
  6. rman

rman New Member

Part 15 is not joined at the ends. Make it the same size circle as joining parts leaving a slot at bottom. That is why part 15 has no tabs and the other parts do.
  7. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

You are right. There is no mistake , only the instructions aren't very clear.
    I was so angry .....

I will make a thread with this model after I will finish it.

Attached Files:

8. rman

rman New Member

Good luck Dragos. I know what you mean about instructions with gray areas. More than once I have said what the #%*!