problems again

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

i just got my savage 25 fixed from a stripped steering servo so i just put a bran new one on a hi tec high torque with metal gears that costed me 50bux. i was working awsome until my little brothers friend decided to come over and play with his car. i was tellin him that we would race and whip him, so when i went inside to get oil for my air filter i come and he is running his car into the front of my truck. and what made it worse was that it was one of those crappy r/c that just spin around and he was just beating on my truck. and when i turned it on it couldnt turn right it would just make a loud clicking sound and even when the truck is off and i use my hand to turn the wheel's it will make a little clicking sound and ii dont think it my steering servo thats the problem, thNX FOR YOUR HELP. LUKE
  2. thegoonman

thegoonman New Member

I would think that it is the stearing servo, i would just open up the servo and check for the gear being striped or 1 could be out of place, then after make sure you put white grease on the gears. I'm just guessing this is the problem.
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Damn those little kids are stupid....
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Check your servo saver, RED
  5. rustler

rustler Member

thats what was the matter before so i didnt have a servo saverand gooman i'm not sure if uve ever had a metal steering servo but they look a lot different from the other and ive had it out and it doesnt look like its broken and right on E i had that kid and my little bro
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Hey watch what comes out of your mouth, metal servo like I dont no what the french fry a metal servo is, what did you get digital? And what are you doing letting a lttle cheappy rc break your big bad savage up Im for sure not getting one now , hey all kidding aside did you get it fixed?> RED
  7. rustler

rustler Member

no i cant find out the problem ido kinda know it is my servo though because i took off this screw so just my servo arm is on the the servo and when i pushed it back and forth it made the same little clicking sound so the mother fing kid just cost me 50 dollars
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

make him pay for a new 1 OR I dont know if they make just the gears for the servo like they do for the regular servos, you could probly get gears cheaper then a hole new servo. I dont have a clue tho but good luck!
  9. redheat

redheat Member

Send that servo back , but before you do make sure that you have checked everthing else, Pull the servo off your traxxas see if that works.
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

tell the kids mother he ows you 50bux or your going to court.lol.i would have thrown the kids car at a fricken rock if that happened to me
  11. redheat

redheat Member

come on still not sure what the problem is yet are you? those metal servos are tuff it would take more than a little car to damage it . RED
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

ya but somwthing is messed up.something might have just interfered with the movment.
  13. rustler

rustler Member

i am positive because when you turn it with just a servo arm it make that loud clicking sound and then i got another servo arm just to make sure that wasnt the problem and it did the same thing. And i called this little kids parents and told them what happend and now i'm goin to have them buy a nice nice steering servo
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

man dont jip then.its not really fair. you sure the servo gear that sticks out isnt stripped.sorry but im not sure what its called
  15. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ya man dont jip them, if they do buy you one have them buy the same one, dont make them buy an 80 buck one
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Do you mean the spine on the servo that sticks out, do you mean that could be striped?
  17. redheat

redheat Member

I still find it hard to believe that the servo is damaged, why not just take it to the shop and have them look at it to be sure, not cool to take advantage of a situation not that you are , RED
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

ya dj the spine.there is a good chance the spine could be stripped.the teeth on that are very small and easier to strip
  19. redheat

redheat Member

Thats true and the teeth pitch could be different and not match up, RED
  20. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

That sounds like a possible problem
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.