problem with rustler PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

Today i was out driving my nitro rustler and i had a hard time getting it to run, but when i did I would first start out slow about 10 mph then when i went to full throttle it kept going the same speed. if anyone knows what the problem could be please let me know
    Thanx
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

sounds like the engine needed ot be tuned
  3. rustler

rustler Member

do you think that i was running it to lean
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya eather it is to lean or to rich but with a rich setting the engine would be alittle slugish at acceration and if that is the problem then it is running to rich. With the lean setting the engine will run but at high rmp's or full throttle it might stall or bog out because the engine is not getting enuf fuel to air which means its not firing right. Did that help at all lol?
  5. rustler

rustler Member

Yea it helped a lot i will go and try that out
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

k sounds good post back how it went!
  7. rustler

rustler Member

bad news my pull start broke so i counldnt drive it some time this week i think i am goin to go get a rotto start but do you know if one of them would be able to fit on a nitro rustler
  8. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

just get a electric srill in the mean time to start it
  9. rustler

rustler Member

Are you sure that will fit my nitro rustler with the old trx 15 engine
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

a drill wouldnt work on the 1 way bearing because the exhaust is right there so that is out of the question. What you could do is use a bump start or a starter box to start it. This will save some weigh( no pull start!) All this does is it startes the rustler useing the fly wheel. The wheel on the bump start or a staring box makes a connection with the flywheel and it turns the engine over, its cool because then ya dont have to crank on it with the pull start. The only down fall is it is hard to tell if the engine floodes or not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.