Problem with Atlas RTS gaps..anyone else?

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by ciscokid, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid New Member

I like to use Atlas RTS freeware for my layout plan. I did not spend any money to order the real deal Winrail, but I hope I don't have to.

(Anyway, my first layout is all complete and rather intricate on RTS and I don't want to start over with another software, so pls don't suggest it. This ques. is about RTS)

Atlas has not responded with an answer yet. Anyone know why I get overlapping circles and dividers with gaps when I connect my track? I am using the Code 83 library and cannot avoid getting these gaps. They are best visible when at 1:1 ratio..that is why I did not notice them until I was ready to print out a template to start installing track.

Is it critical? Are these actual gaps in reality when printed and will they throw off my plotting the track route on the layout's surface panel?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

DOUBLEJK Member

So far all of mine have went together just fine even with those gaps or overlaps in the drawing.
    I think the freeware isn't quite exact in its drawing especially with the flex track but even the sectional has worked all right.
  3. YmeBP

YmeBP Member

I had little gaps and overlaps in my layouts w/ rts too but everything layed out just fine. I think i have a couple little areas where i cheated a weeee little bit :).