Problem thread

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by tsispyder, Jun 8, 2004.

1. tsispyder

tsispyder Guest

Hey guys if you have any problems with your rides engine post it here...Im sure between the amount of people that post here or run through it we can all help each other. I know im a VW and mitsu guy and im sure theres some honda guys around here somewhere...post it if you have a problem

Ill start off though

My GF ac in her 97 Honda EX like ticks, sounds like its commin from the compressor behind the glove box...any ideas?
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Umm.. my problem is im missing the engine. Is that bad? Just messin.

But can we post non-engine problems here? If so, my aunts Honda CR-V has a kinda "grindy" noise in her Rear Diff. Its kinda faint anymore (its been to a few shops to be checked out) but I can still hear it ( dont think she does, she doesnt complaine any more).

Also, (engine prob this time) on my cousins car (nissan something... i always forget) theres a tube that heads from his Headers to a part in the rear of the engine ( i was tired and not paying much attention to what was going on) and it wouldnt fit. We ended up getting it on, however it was stripped so it couldnt go all the way in. Is this a Major problem that the tube should be replaced? Or is it just a small pressure leak that can be better worked later?
  3. tsispyder

tsispyder Guest

if i were you it take that car to a shop and heve them weld it on. my two cents. as far as the rear diff int he CRV...my friend has one that does it oto...i dunno
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey man 9 times out of 10 when a rear diff makes noise it is worn out. it just needs to be rebuilt or replaced. I mean diffs arent built to last forever. i bet if you look in the owners manual it says that the diff needs to be replaced after so many miles. if for some reason it isnt the diff the bearings could be the problem
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Its a 00' and when it started was 02... Dont think it could be the diff. Hondas last forever!
  6. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hondas might last forever but diffs dont.
    two years is plenty of time for a diff to wear out
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Wow... CR-V's sux then! My friends Civ that he drifts with diffs are fine and hes had it for much longer. I dont know... she says its moer or less gone. Also... people say she needs to turn her rotors... how is that? Dont the rotors turn on the tire? So wouldnt they rotate them slefs?
  8. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

turning the rotors is a process of putting the rotor on a brake lathe. it machines the rotors and gives them a truer surface area. it is basically reconditioning them.
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

OH! That makes sence! I was so confused when i heard that... i always thought they turned themselfs!