Privilage

You know what?.......

I feel privilaged to share time with such a great bunch of guys who are the members of The Gauge.

The tollerance of the moderators is commendable (I had thought my humour would get me kicked out! :eek: )

Thanks for sharing and making allowances for me and keeping me in good cheer.

Errol

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Errol, I feel the same way too as nobody in my family is at all interested in railroading of anykind so this is where I come to bond.

roryglasgow

I agree, Errol: this really is a great place! I occasionally visit a few of the other model RR boards, but don't really participate. No place beats The Gauge!

I have to get my Gauge fix at least a few times a day. I've learned A LOT here...a whole lot more than anywhere else. I wouldn't feel as confident with building my current layout if I didn't have the information (and support!) that I've gotten here!

-Rory

alkcnw

Yep, same with me, there are no clubs close by and no hobby shops to hang out at, so I come here to learn and help if possible.:eek:

Tyson Rayles

Couldn't agree more. Also don't have many people in this area interested in the hobby and no hobby shops close by. While the attach file feature is unique to the Gauge, its the people that really make the difference! This forum seems to attract people who enjoy the hobby but don't look at it as a life's calling. While they have a certain way they enjoy the hobby they don't have the "it's my way or it's wrong" attitude. There is a wide range from the newbie to the "Masters" like Shamus and a whole lot in between, yet very little friction here. As a whole the people here are very respectful of each others veiwpoints and any differences are usually overcome with healty doses of humor. I have gotten to the point I rarely visit the other boards any more, what's the point? They don't offer anything you can't find here. Of course it wouldn't be possible to enjoy all this with out the efforts of people like Dave, Catt, Shamus and the others that run this forum. My hats off to you guys for a job well done!!!:D

bobrien

Heck I only been here about 5 minutes and already I feel like there is nowhere else in the world.

I already know that without this place to come hang out in and get answers to the dumbest of questions - well I'd just have to hang round on street corners up in the city and try to find someone who may know a little bit of something about modelling railroads.............

And besides - you guys are just soooooo friendly too :) :) :)

Bruce

shamus

Registered Member
Hey Guys, you are all my children, don't forget me at Christmas..LOL:rolleyes:
waver.gif

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Our "Hang Out"

Hey Shamus, does that mean we can claim them on our income tax??? :)

Seriously...They are all Great Comments! I, as a Moderator, try to be online every day (or night) :rolleyes:

I think VERY HIGHLY of this board, and all it's wonderful information. And yes I am the only Rail addict in my family. My momma used to say: " I always know where he is, It's keeping him home & away from trouble" -- Now my wife says the same thing" :D

Thanks to all of you for helping make this a wonderful place to hide out, when we are not Operating the models, or the real ones.......

Which brings out the next queston: Anyone have internet access near the model railroad??? -- Shamus, have you thought of that one yet??? :D :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
The rumour mill has it that Catts PC and internet access is in the same space as the GVR!!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Errol,
From the "lone Ranger", to the "logger incident", I feel we have indeed been to the "pub" on many ocasions. I, for one have enjoyed the humor, and look forward to more of the same.

When I first logged in to the-gauge, I couldn't help noticing all the "locations". With UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, I felt somewhat the foriegner, but the common experience of model railroading overcame that.
I have learned here, I have laughed here, I have been reminded of my own beginnings in the hobby here. Errol, thankyou for opening this thread. Paul("Shamus"), thankyou for this forum. I look forward to a long association with all the members of "the-gauge".
Pete

bobrien

Ok that does it... Award For the best Response to this Thread goes to Pete.
Damn near turned me to tears it did Pete.

(and on that note, I'm off to the local pub for a beer now..:D )

Bruce

Visited Christchurch in '88. One of the most beautiful places on earth. But the Sheilas across the way in Australia ROCKED! (and they love those American accents!)

oh, yeah, the gauge is a pretty cool place too. Haven't seen any Sheilas though...

bobrien

Yakko - Australia is a WONDERFUL place, but the only trouble is, it's full of Australians.
Now if they were all Kiwis.............................

(just jiving ya Woody - we really do love our ocker mates in the Big Red Land :D )

Drew1125

Well, I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

I have made so many great acquaintances here...I have learned much from them too. And being able to share with each other has kept me plugging along, wanting to push myself, & improve my skills in a way that I'm not sure I would have with out having you people here to gab with, shoot the breeze, complain, ask stupid questions, give stupid answers, tell stupid jokes, or show off my latest accomplishment, & get to see others' accomplishments.
I am honored to be a member of this far-flung group.
I am also proud of the relative peace & harmony that exsists here, & the genuine friendly support that is afforded to everyone here.
There is a most gratifying lack of anger & snobbery that seems to be prevailent on some other sites. (& in some clubs I've been involved with)
I'm glad I found you guys, & hope to hang with ya for a while to come!