printing question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Nothing, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

If a model is put out at a PDF per page,is there a way to print it at say 2 pages to 1? I want to scale a model down but i dont want to waste paper by printing on half a page.
  2. smyfe

smyfe Member

If you click print in PDf file, the printing page opens and about 2/3rds of the way down on theright is page scaling, click on the arrow and the third option is multiple pages per sheet. If you click this, it allows you to choose how many pages you want per sheet. Hope this helps
  3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the problem is each page is its own pdf. so i need to be able to print 2 pdf s to 1 page.
  4. smyfe

smyfe Member

I understand, if you can download pdf995 this allows you to combine multiple pdf files into one, and then you would be able to print multiple pages per sheet of paper. Pdf995 can be found here
    pdf 995: create PDF documents easily for free
    it is a great programme, I use it a lot to combine single page pdf's to one multi page one
  5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

If you don't want to use a different pdf reader/printing program other than the one you already have, another way you can try is set the page size to half the normal page that the pdf is on then select the shrink oversized pages to paper size and note the percentage. Print one page, then turn the page around so the printing will go on the blank half of the page, make sure the page size and shrink to fit are still selected like in the first printing, and make sure the percentage is still the same then print again. You should then have two pages on one. I have noticed that as long as all of the pages in the original pdf(s) are the same, the percentage when choosing shrink oversized pages to paper size usually stays the same so the pages don't print out at different scales.:)

Another journey into the Rube Goldberg world of printing.:mrgreen:
  6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

brilliant!!! this is exactly what i needed. what an awsome free program! Thank you very much!
  7. smyfe

smyfe Member

Glad to help, I don,t have any skills in designing so I like to help out where I can:thumb:
  8. MuseOfLife

MuseOfLife New Member

I prefer to utilize this PDF Creator. It is freeware and produces fine PDFs.