printing jpeg vs pdf question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by lundungurl, Sep 15, 2008.

1. lundungurl

lundungurl New Member

Hi, I'm sure this is probably an easy fix, but I just don't know the answer... I know someone will.
    I usually print my card models from pdf files, but I ran across a couple card models that I forgot I had. They are in jpeg format. I'm a little concerned about printing them and having the size be accurate so the pieces fit. There are about 5 or 6 sheets per model. Can I just print from windows picture and fax viewer? Just worried about accuracy. Thanks in advance
  2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

When printing from jpgs i use Faststone Image Viewer...very small, but powerful image viewer. And it's free! You can resize, crop, etc.
  3. lundungurl

lundungurl New Member

jpeg vs pdf

Thank you so much for your help. I have downloaded the program and opened up one of the files. They are 2479 x 3506, 300 dpi resolution and image size is 8.26 x 11.69 in. With preserve aspect ratio checked I have changed the image size to 7.78 x 11 in. It seems that the default print margins of the program are 1.00 in. all the way around but I will be changing that to .25 in. to maximize paper usage. So, that should keep all the parts matching up properly?

Thanks again!
  4. voltron5

voltron5 Member

You could always download the free Adobe PDF print driver. Install it, then highlight all the files you want printed, right click on a file then click print, in the drop down menu select PDF print instead of your printer. Hope this helps you.:mrgreen:
  5. Padre

Padre Guest

you can load jpg into photoshop and re save as pdf
  6. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

FYI this is a trial version - not freeware.
  8. Hi-Torque

Hi-Torque Member

Hmm, in my experience it does not matter. All the PDF does is wrap around whatever image files its composed of, and compress them slightly for portibility. All of your important settings are in the print dialog.
  9. SeanStacy

SeanStacy New Member

I have got HP 7960 color printer.
    From last two days its can print only text files.
    I am trying to print jpeg images but I can't.
    Can anybody give me suggessions about it?
    Thanks in advance!
    Step and Repeat Banners