Printing help!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by wyverns4, Sep 13, 2006.

1. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

I tried to print this file last night, and the bottom edge, about 1/4", was cut off on each page.

I selected "Choose Paper Source by PDF page size" under "Page Handling" on the Print dialogue screen in Adobe. I also chose "Auto-Rotate and Center", and Page Scaling = "None". The file is apparently designed to be printed on A4 paper. I have cut down some 12"x12" cardstock to 8 1/2" x 12" .

The print preview window shows that the page will fit on this size, using these parameters, however, that does not seem to be the case. If I change the Page Scaling to "Fit to Printer Margins" the file seems to fit, but is zoomed to 95%.

Can someone please give me some advice before I burn through an inkjet cartridge trying to print this file!

2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Unselect "Choose Paper Source by PDF page size".
    And select "Fit to printer margins".
  3. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That does sound a bit weird. Have you tried setting the page size to A4 in the printer settings?

Something I found that works every once in a while is to use the graphics selection tool to draw the selection box around the area that I want printed, making sure the selection box outline is as close to the parts as I can make it. Then in printing choose print selected graphic. A lot of the time the page will print without any parts being cut off, even if the pdf is sized for A4 paper and I am using USLetter. Sometimes it doesn't work, though. :oops:

Just some thoughts.:)