Printer registration problem

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by Bobbyq, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Bobbyq

Bobbyq New Member

I am printing out some of the Digital Navy sheets and when I measure the hash marks out I find that I’m about .5 to 1.5mm too short in the throughput, depending on the printer I send it to print out on.
    The width measurement is always correct it’s just the length that seams off.
    This would not be a problem for the smaller pieces, but on the bigger longer pieces it will add up and I will end up with alignment issues.

The 4 printers I have tried are all were short:
    HP LaserJet 2840 ( 1mm )
    HP DeskJet 842c ( .5mm )
    Xerox DocPrint N2125 ( 1mm )
    Brothers MFC-8300 ( .75mm )

I was looking at the way the paper travels through the printers I have and figure that the more the paper turns, the more it is off.

Has anyone ever had this problem with other printers?
    I’m thinking of getting a different printer now but I’m worried that I will still have the same problem.

Thanks for listening to my issues.
  2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

It could be that it's fitting it to 1 or however many pages there are, instead of using the margins.
  3. bluedragon

bluedragon New Member

What I usually do when I find that my printer is printing a model short is I will first, change the paper settings to 8x14, then(this parts a little tedious but works) right after the printer feeds the paper shove another piece of paper behind the page that's printing and leave about 3-4 inches sticking out. You will basically trick the printer into thinking your printing on longer paper. Hope this helps.