Print This!!!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Gearz, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gearz

Gearz Member

OK.. Not sure if this qualifies as a ***** N gripe.. but its certainly rattlin my chains..

Seeing how these forums showcases pictures of so many great models, and so many 'potential new recruit's view the site, OR, may be introduce / encouraged into card modelling through the site. It might be of help / interest, if you mention / include printing info/specs with your pic posts!. That is to say, of the ones that are downloaded and printed ( typically where most novices will start)

I mean come on.. can you imagine any of the plastic guys NOT mentioning the paint materials used on one of their models! It seems to me (as a print peasant) that print quality can make or break a model.. Its usually the second observation/question I make on any model Obviously common sense would have to apply * First picture of a model subject etc.. Certainly on 'home' printed models posted in the Galleries!!!

It wouldn't have to be much, just as long as its constructive i.e.
    ~ BrandA Sucks = uninformative
    ~ Brand+ Model+ Paper = interesting

2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

As I found this forum a couple of months ago, I have to agree with gearz on this one. I also think a working link should be used with any models as well. I know it is fairly easy to find just about anything to build with card/paper, but it also helps to know what size & weight of paper to use. A lot of the free download sites do not tell you which paper/card to use.
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Maybe we could all get together and make some kind of Standards and ask Rick to make us a new forum.................. I noticed on another site they have a "Fresh Un-Packed" forum that shows pictures of a new book kit.

Maybe we could have one for downloadable kits with Standard Information and pictures of the model before cutting.

I see what you are saying, with so many diferent variables, printer type, paper type, generic ink......... if these are listed it might help folks to know what to expect.
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Agree. At least, we can say on what kind of paper/printer/glue we used for the model we are promoting. And of course, brand/site of model.

Good point Gearz.
  5. shrike

shrike Guest

Well, there is the "First Impressions" category. Doesn't that have information, or at least a template that includes such info? (Did 4 of them a while back and I don't recall)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.