print individual items

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by tf34mech, Nov 11, 2006.

1. tf34mech

tf34mech Member

Does anyone know how I can enlarge and print one item at a time off
    a pdf and have all the pieces be to scale? I have a model I want to enlarge
    but still fit on a standard pieces of paper. I read "Saving Ink when (re-)printing PDF parts"
    and was wondering how to enlarge each piece and still be in scale with each other.
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Here is what I do.
    I use the graphics select tool, copy the part(s), paste into PaintShop Pro, then resize each part using the same settings. Most graphics programs have that ability.

I have heard that PhotoShop can open pdf files directly so you probably wouldn't need to use the graphics select tool at all. I do not use PhotoShop, though, so cannot confirm or deny that information.
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I tried that method and the pasted graphic was horrible...maybe my resolution settings...or version of acrobat.
    I convert the pdf to gif or jpg using pdf995 set at a high resolution (300dpi) then crop and resize all parts.
  4. Claudio

Claudio Member

Have you tryied to open directly the pdf file with Gimp? After that you can resize everything as you want.
  5. w.holzinger

w.holzinger Guest

Hi Claudio,

you're absolutely right! That's the way I handle pdf for working with it. But there is a little disadvantage doing so: If you have a vector graphics pdf you convert it to a bitmap graphics which means that resizing is done with a loss of information in most cases. Also keep in mind that in windows you also have to install ghostscript to do the pdf interpretation. In Linux ghostscript is already installed in nearly all distributions.

But if you keep all parameters in mind it really works great.

Best regards
  6. tf34mech

tf34mech Member

Thanks for the ideas. I have Photoshop and Corel Draw and will give it a try.
    I have a large size printer (HP1220C) but the rollers need to be cleaned, so
    I am trying to do it with my 7350.
    Thanks for the help.