primer in fuel tank

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Deckyboy, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Hi there everyone!its nice to be part of this web site,and be able to ask loads of questions to people that seem to have had problems that i am having as a 43yr learner of a nitro buggy.Having crashed it twice in the last wk,im slowly getting used to fixing it with super glue,Only Joking!!!!.My main problem is that the small rubber washer that is attached to the bottom of the primer has split and came off resulting in the primer not working.Can it be fixed??
    Thank You.
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm I don't know for sure but I know you could seal it up with super glue and then put your finger over the exhaust and carb and pull the pull start with the glow plug heater off and this, if the hole is sealed, will creat the pressure and pull the fuel up the line. Maybe wait alittle bit longer and see if any of the other fellow board's people has any idea.!
  3. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Thank you for your quick reply,i will give it a try 2moro and see how i get on.Everything is new to me at the moment but, im sure with the help of this site it will help me along!!!Thanx again.
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

No problem just keep us posted in the subject and if anything else comes about let us know
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

yeah dude that hapend with my first nitro buggy aswell and when i took it to my hobby shop he had a look at it and he said theres no way of fixing it other than buying a new fuel tank
  6. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Thanx Alisar70,for your reply it does look as if i need to buy a new fuel tank,and if anyone can help me chose a good supplier for accessories for my Smartech 1:10 nitro buggy it would be much appreciated.Another question i have is,the buggy seemed to go out of control with no control over its steering,it also took off like a bat out of #@$% !!!! I was told the reason for this could have been low battery power??? is this true.Is there any type of cut off system that can be bought that could stop this happening in future.THANX again.
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hey dude u got a smartech ASWEll that was my first buggy aswell ......well that was my first ever nitro car as the group here know (monsterchild knows) Hey dude just get rid of that smartech and get your self something else thats a good make like Hpi or Traxxas But trust me dude after about 5 jumps the tires were complettly mashed up and the whold car was well mostly broken

if u dont belive me ask monster

hey i will give u some links to the amount of questions that were asked by me..........
  8. alisar70

alisar70 Member

hey sorry dude no links cause for some reaon most of the forum from the past year has been reduced to 6 pages sorry
  9. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Thanks alisar for trying to get those questions 4 me,not 2 worry!.My smartech buggy does seem a bit fragile at times.....especially when i crash it at full throttle lol.Being my first rc nitro it seems to run very well,until Crrrraaaaash!!!!!!.The problem seems to b trying to find compatible parts at the moment as i dont have the luxury of a local Model shop,and being on the pc for hours going through hundreds of sites makes me "squint eyed".Can you remember where you got your parts from ??Im also going to buy a new rc nitro soon and give this one to my son.......hopefully in one piece!!!!! thanx again.
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

To answer your question about the car going out of control low battery power can do this, so can other interferences that you might not be aware of. If I was you buy a fail safe, and when you get a new nitro you can put it on that 1 also, just transfer from car to car. What a fail safe does is it the batterys are low or a interference is there and you are driveing it the throttle servo will go back to 0 or no throttle so the car will stop and won't go crazy. You can pick 1 up for about 20 bucks I belive. Traxxas, Losi, HPI, Hot Bodys, Associated, and kyosho's if you like to build, those are all good brands and there are more alos that are good. Hope this answers your interference question.
  11. Deckyboy

Deckyboy New Member

Thank u 4 the reply,a fail safe system sounds good to me and i think i will fit one asap,i dont think at this point i will attempt to build a new o/r buggy just yet!well...im getting plenty of practice re-building this one!!!!lol.I will visit some of the web sites u guys have mentioned to try and find a New Nitro Buggy.Thanx 4 ur help and suggestions.
  12. pxu12

pxu12 New Member

ok, try this site www.rseetoys.com to see if you can find smartech parts. it seems they have everything of smartech. good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.