primeing the engine

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Skandranon, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I have a hpi 15fe engine. I thought that when you put your finger over the air hole in the pipe and pulled the pull starter it would moved fuel though the line and prime the eninge. Is this correct? If so it is not happening. What could cause this? I just installed new fuel lines and the tank seems to seal properly. I put a screw in the old primer hole because that looked like it was leaking with the button in there. Anyone know what could be wrong? Also if I cover the pipe and the carb it will prime, but it still will not start.
  2. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well if u see fuel going thru the line and into ur carb., the peoblem with it not starting has to be either ur fuel(age of it) or ur heat(glow plug, or glow heater battery.) just give all of those a look over and see what happens.
  3. redheat

redheat Member

His engine wont start so , crank your engine over a 8or10 times next check the plug is it wet? If not your not getting fuel to the engine in other words your inlet to the carb. is more than likely dirty and needs to be cleaned. Remove the h/s needle and clean that area or better yet you can remove the carb. and clean the hole thing . simple test remove hose from pipe blow into it to see if fuel is going into carb. you should be able to hear it if carb. is clear. put new plug and charged heater on plug should start.
  4. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I just got the fuel a week ago brand new. Brand new charged glow heater, and brand new glow plug.
    Just cleaned out the carb. It seemed like it got better after, blowing on though it that is. Is still would not start however. I might have ruined the compression after trying to get it to start so much, with the cloged carb. It doesnt seem as if it turns the same when you move the wheel out the eninge. I am not sure though really.
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Still not running ? That carb . could still be the problem does fuel flow threw the carb. and into the engine? Check that compression again .
  6. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I sent my engine off to be resized. I found out that the bearing was bad and I was losing compression. I made the problem worse by repeatedly trying to start the engine. Should be up and running again this weekend.
  7. redheat

redheat Member

cool , but what do you mean resized are you taking about a new piston and sleeve? I understand the bearings there should be 2 of them are they going to replace both. Those motors are very easy to rebuild I'm thinking that you could have purchased new cvr.12or.15 for under 110. Anyway send a update when you get your motor back let me no what kinda repairs were done.
  8. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Well I cant tell you exacly what he is doing. I answered an ebay auction that looked like the one below. (this is not my auction and I am not selling anything!) This is the best way I can answer your question. I got a whole broken engine for the bearings and crankcase. I could have gotten a new engine. This is still cheaper though.

>What i am offering here is a Sleeve resizing and polishing for 9.00 for .12-.15 and 10.00 on any other size engines per engine!! Do you think you need a new piston and sleeve? You probably don't. ALmost all engines wear the sleeve and not the piston. The only way you need a new piston and sleeve is when its been damaged. 95% of engines only need the sleeve resized to run like new again.When you consider the price of a new piston and sleeve over the price of this service you could save loads of money. I have been tuning and modifying R/c engines for over 15 years.You only need to send the piston( with con rod attached) and sleeve. Your parts will be returned good as new and give your old worn out engine new life. You can have as many as you want done just enter the quantity you want and 5.00 for return shipping to you. My turn around is less than a week from recieving your piston and sleeve. And i will e-mail you upon reciept of your parts. I also offer complete engine and carb rebuilds and cleaning, along with crank , sleeve and carb mods ,e-mail me with type of engine and carb for pricing. My prices are cheap to keep your engines running like new without spending your hard earned money. Your engine will be returned to factory specs and all parts polished and cleaned. I dont see a reason to charge 13.99 for this service when a sleeve is only twice that. I will guarentee you will be happy wiht the service or your money back(not including shipping). What do you have to lose? More expensive services are not always the best. Buy here and save.
  9. Do you have a link to that auction?
  10. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Here you go trachconoccupant:

http://***Please read Announcements forum***/ws/*********.********category=34062&item=5904604816&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If you get one please tell him that Skandranon314 sent you. He offers a free resize if you refer 10 people.
  11. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Hmm ok looks like that wont work. Try this, search for item # 5904604816
  12. Haha, yep thats the way I always get around it when the mods block a link. Thanks
  13. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I got my engine today. I cant seem to figure out why it still wont pull fuel. The gas tank and lines are new. New glow plug. The engine has compression again. I can blow into the carb and hear it. It seems kinda hard to blow into but I guess its a really little line. ANyway doesnt seem to be blocked. I cant fathom what else it could be. The bearing on the front of the motor was replaced. I learned the old one was leaking and should have been why its not getting fuel. Seems like the engine should fire right up. It wont though, I donno why. Any help would be great! Thanks
  14. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

try priming it by holding your finger on the eghaust whole and pull the rope a few times, and holding the throttle while pulling the rope helps too
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well I had the same problem with the engine not getting fuel, I found out that there was a small gep between the piston and sleeves small enuf so that the engine couldnt suck any fuel up, even tho my engine had good compreshion.
  16. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Already tried that doesnt work. There is no fuel moving though the lines at all.
  17. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

So you had to get a new piston / sleeve?
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well if I remeber correctly the dude at my local hobby shop said ya, but I sold the car, I dident wana mess with it.
  19. redheat

redheat Member

What do you mean your bearing was leaking? I still think that you should take a good look at that carb. By blowing air into the the pressure line off the pipe it should force fuel to the carb. and into the cylinder. Was the place you took it to able to get it fired up?
  20. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I mailed my engine to a guy to fix. He said he resized the sleeve and or piston not sure. After he was done it does have alot of compression. He said after he fixed he put a little gas into it to lube it up and it all ran out of the front bearing. He told me this was proably my orignal problem. So I got a new case (broken engine) off ebay and had it sent to him. Last night I took off the header to see if it was leaking air there. It still would not pull fuel while covering that hole up. So I tryed blowing into the pressure line while that was off. I sent fuel coming out of the header hole. I am going to take it to a hobby shop this afternoon and see what they say. Gotta run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.