Preview of Soon to be finished Mercury/Atlas

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by MOS95B, Jul 3, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Quoting the e-mail from Surfduke...

File available at Atlas Rev1.pdf (File size 2.0M )
  2. I need a Pin up girl. . .

Way cool. . .
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I am shooting for Friday!

I will try to have the final numbered beta out on Friday, or Saturday.

I am still trying to get the hang of the new group layout. I am very thankful to the host for all his work!

Thanks too, for the post John!
  4. redlion

redlion New Member

Hi Carl,

That rocket is just filling the gap in the manned space program .
    Was already thinking about scaling up the "Delta 7" Atlas to display at the side of my soon to be finished "Mercury-Redstone".
    Now comes the tricky part to print that baby on metallic looking paper.
    I'm going to try that out first with the scaled up "Vanguard". But here, the metallic area is still quite small ;-)
    Anyway, you're doing a great job. By the way, will your 1/24 Mercury be continued ?
  5. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I will be supplying a line only version for the Metallic paper builders, (If You can wait a bit). As for the 1:24th Mercury, (It will be final right behind this one). The 1/4 scale project that the other fella is doing blew My efforts out of the water, (Not a gripe, (Just a fact)). I wil finishe mine for those who want it, (But that guy is really got His act together, on the details).

My computer problems seem to be fixed up, (I have some ends to finish up on other projects soon too.)
  6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I'm Back!

Just got back from the fireworks in Northeast Georgia. I will be working on the capsule details all day. I will keep You all updated.

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Just a heads up. Carl told me the next update (final version?) would be ready for me to upload Saturday. Well, The Missus (who had to work through her birthday last weekend) just informed me that we are going out of town this weekend for her belated birthday.

So, if the model is ready Saturday, I should have it up Sunday evening.
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Excellent looking design, usual!

Thanks for the update, John!

Can't wait to try the metallic version using Red River silver paper.

I truly appreciate all the work Carl and John put into making these superb models available to all of us...Thanks!!

9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Lars Folman is doing a Beta build/check. He should have His comments to me today. I am now shooting for a Monday final on the next release. With John being out till Sunday, (This should work out well for the host/post anyway). Hope to also have the final 1:24th Capsule out then too! The models will have line only versions too, (and capsules for all the missions). I think the only project in the Mercury family left after this, is for Mr. Urban to give Us a Liberty Bell Version of His fine model, (Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink). I would do a option/bash Liberty Bell file, (But it would be like painting a mustache on His Mona Lisa). I love His Mercury Redstone!!!! I think it would be cool to do a Big Joe Atlas/Mercury as another added option later, (It would go well with His Little Joe).

Have a great weekend, (I will be out for the day),

10. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

yikes... sir Carl's churning out a museum here!!! :-D

What's next? Gemini? :twisted:
  11. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

That's the Idea!

Get the folks all the stuff They wanted as a Kid, (LOL)!

Fresh Meat will be in Johns hands tomorrow!

12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

(fainted....) :-D
  13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

The final, (with the capsules), is still one day out. Lars should have His test build comments to Me today.

Thanks for waiting,

14. jaeike

jaeike Member

I was just wondering what is the status of the final version?:thumb:
  15. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Soon Very Soon!

I am finished with the design, & Paint. As soon as I can paste it all into a PDF I will get it to John.

Sorry for the delay,

16. George B

George B Senior Member

Drum roll

Drum roll please...........................
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Now! Now!

I know You just want it finished, so You can have the next Toy in the factory, (LOL)! BTW It is almost show-time!

NULLMOON Member

is the 1/24th merc finished? and is the skin going to be in a pdf file along with the rest of the model?:confused:
  19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Just got an update, folks!!!!

I had a quick look-see before uploading it. Very nice!!! Atlas Rev1.pdf
  20. jaeike

jaeike Member

You guys ROCK!!!

Thank you all for all of your hard work! I can't wait to get started.:mrgreen: