Preußische P4, Polnische Od.2

Hi folks,

after vanishing for a while to the shipmodelers section I recently strted with a locomotive.

It`s the polish Od.2/ prussian P 4, publisher is Modelik, scale is 1:25.

The locos shape is realy oldfashioned and absolutely nice.

With that model I join a cardmodeling contest of the www.Kartonbau.de forum.

p1060978iu6.jpg

The contest regulation says that the pure model should be build. No improvement and weathering is allowed....(sadly).......but anyway........let`s get started.......

First of all ( as always) is building the locos main frame:

p1070013zh0.jpg

p1070011jv2.jpg

p1070009bh5.jpg

p1060981st7.jpg

p1070014og9.jpg

so long friends...................

Frank

redhorse

Dec 28, 2007
McKinney, TX
Frank, thank you very much for posting this. I'm going to do a ship next, but after that I'm debating between this one and the Ol 49 with the coaches. The P4 is beautitul, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this builds with no modifications.

The frame is looking great so far!

jaffro

Long term member
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Awesome.... I was wondering what you would take on next. I love the fact that someone with your skill level is willing to tackle pretty much every genre there is, without limiting yourself to just one, like tanks etc.

This will be an interesting one to watch, thanks for sharing it with us.

the front bogie......

Dear friends,

good that the report is not boring for you, .........

After building the mainframe I began the front bogie.

The bogies framework
p1070050wf3.jpg

the springs are rather complicated and as often they aren`t visible at the end......:eek:ops:
p1070051ct4.jpg

p1070052rj4.jpg

one side completed
p1070054xb0.jpg

p1070055nu9.jpg

and an overall view.........
p1070053wb9.jpg

so long friends..............Frank

C

cgutzmer

That is just awesome! Thanks man - i love the trains :) Redhorse - have you seenteh build here on ol49? its a thing of beauty too!
Chris

Elliott

Jul 18, 2006
As always, your work is as close to perfection as I've ever seen. I've loved trains ever since I was a child in the 19,,,um, never mind. I'm already fascinated by your build thread, Frank, keep it up!

Elliott

Revell acrylic color and art pens.......

Hi redhorse,

for coloring the edges I use "dual brush pens" I don´t know if they are available outside europe.......anyway, I found an englis site for information

http://www.tomboweurope.com/grafik_kunst_basteln/abt.html

The color in the pot is Revel aqua color. Other possibility for coloring the edges is, realy, watercolor, but the pens are easier to use.............

best regards frank

M

modelperry

These dual brush pens look alot like pens my wife peddles as a Stampin' Up demonstrator. Hmmmm...:twisted:

Greg

C

cgutzmer

I think your quality is slipping a bit... nope wait - its a speck on my monitor.... ;)

Awesome as always! I am always amazed with the color matching on your edges - its one of the many things that sets you apart!
Thanks
Chris

B

Bionic Modeler

Hokey Peet!! I can't wait to tee the final build. Fantastic work

the drive wheels........

Hi folks,

in oposition to the bogie wheels now I used the laser parts.
But notice, you save time for cutting, but alignment must be perfect...........and a bit of saved time you have to spent for coloring.................anyway.....

the prepared parts
p1070075te6.jpg

p1070076bs1.jpg

provisional axle for alignment
p1070077um2.jpg

before coloring the wheels are coated with thinned white glue.....
p1070078dn7.jpg

the wheels in situ (without decoration rings.....)
p1070079yr0.jpg

and completed
p1070080qf7.jpg

p1070081at3.jpg

so friends, next step is vacation for 3 weeks in the south of France..........modeling goes on, but in simple conditions in my caravan.....:wave:

best regards Frank