President's Choice HO Trains Sets

GNRail

I don't know If these sets are available outside of Canada but it would seem that they have decided NOT to make one this year. Our HO modular guys say they are good bang for the buck. Especially now when they seem to be dumping the leftover ones from the last couple of years for $69.00. The sets are ready to run. Locomotive, 5 or 6 cars, Oval track and a cute little power pack.

I was looking for something to run around the christmas tree So I actually picked up the sets from the last 2 years. My normal N scale seemed just to small. I think they will workout well next year.

Garry

Pooh Bah
Garry, are they dumping them in the supermarkets or in other stores? I saw a collection of the 0-8-0 sets in a hardware store this summer, but at the full $99 price. None of the L*****s stores in our area seem to have them. :mad:

GNRail

We have a group of stores that go under the name YIG (your independant grocer). That is where I found mine.

Garry

Medicine Man

I just looked for them in the local store and was told that they were only avalible tru the Presidents Choise web sight, in the Gift Basket section. I found them all right,but here is the kicker!! The cost of the set is listed at CDN $79 BUT the shipping to my door was CDN $169!!!!! Un FLIPPING BELEIVABLE.

MM

artur_p

Hi guys i just picked one of those up today for $50 at fortinos in brampton on bovaird and highway 10, there is one more left.

artur_p

when you walk into the store turn left and walk towards the double hinged doors right next to the frozen foods section, it will be to your right on the bottom shelf with a bunch of junk on top.

Medicine Man

Just to make a bad day even worse,what road name is this set under? No sence spending all that money for it ,knowing that it will just sit in the closet never to get opened.
How about a pic of it(anybody?)

MM

Pooh Bah
Loco is a CN 0-8-0. Spitfire published some pictures last year on a thread about her first loco weathering job.

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
They're still $99CAD

The Lablaw's across the street from my work still has the 0-8-0 "Yard Bull" set in stock.. They are still asking $99CAD for them...

I'm waiting until they decide to clear them out so that I can get a set and kit-bash it into On30... Maybe as a saddle tank....

I looked to see if they were going to produce a new set for this X-mas, but they didn't...