Preliminary dynamis catalog page

gcodori

While searching the online catalog at Bachmann's US website - I came across item #36505 -

The new Dynamis DCC offering (wireless) for the US.

The MSRP is listed at $300.00 (I'm sure actual price will be lower).

What is everyone's impression of this offering? Would you consider Bachmann as a high end player? Would you consider this for a wireless option?

Welcome to Bachmann Trains Online

Consider the cost of Digitrax or Lenz starter system + wireless costs (throttle and panels).

Thoughts? Yes, this is an eCos based system.

Greg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
that doesn't sound like a bad deal: 40 loco control,accessories control,loco control,128 speed step.i dint know,it doesn't have the community digitrax does so its a toss up.more options,more locos and wireless control OR wired control with less options BUT easily expandable and huge community if help is needed and also for slightly less.ill have a small layout and all my Friends use digtrax.so i guess it comes down to requirements.a large layout would probably benefit from this.--josh

Nomad

Try to find someone in England to ask. On a forum or such. They have had it there for awhile now.

Loren

UP SD40-2

I was on a forum a while back, and 2 English gents were discussing a problem they were having with theirs:eeki: , seems the screen went out on them. i never went back to see if it was resolved:eek:ops: . that doesn't mean anything though, we have problems with all the systems here too:winki: . personally, it seems like it would be a good system....but I'm sticking with my Prodigy Advance:winki::mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano

gcodori

Actually I'm asking if others would consider this setup as an option - considering the features and prices of other known wireless systems.

Just the fact that it features 21 functions puts it at the Prod advance squared territory.

feature to feature comparisons - it seems like a very good deal. Is the US ready for yet another DCC bus system (Ecos)? MRC was able to introduce their system and step up the features and price - why not Bachmann? The lack of people using the MRC DCC bus did not stop it from being successful.

I think the deal killer will be the price of additional throttles - the radio throttles from other dcc makers are more expensive than entire systems.

If someone can hack the Ecos-sniffer to work with this, then any brand DCC system can be used to expand this system.