prehistoric pose

freddyman

whats up everyone. i have a question for you all. i am building the prototype of a 36 inch giganotosaurus. though i'm only at the belly of the beast, its going to nearly double the length of the acrocanthosaurus when finished, so the question is do you want to see this giant in a running pose, standing on one leg, or in a static pose, where its just standing on two feet. making it stable.
i promise to post pics soon.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Static pose would be OK, maybe a mix of standing and walking (one foot before the other). Wll the prototype be of paper or some other material?

freddyman

its a paper model. and when finished it could be the second biggest model i ever build(first being ken's sr-71).

Rogerio Silva

I like Revell-Fan's idea, with a small addition: the head half-twisted to one side, like it was walking (or running) and spotted a prey (or a predator!).

freddyman

its head is already pulled slightly to the right. its also looking up. i was trying to simulate it trying to pull lead on a large prey item. who knows, i might end up designing the sauropod after this already large project.