Pre-dreadnaught era ships?

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Odysseus, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

Does anyone have any plans to do any? In particular U.S.S. Iowa (1898 )and U.S.S. Brooklyn.
  2. paperboy

paperboy Member

I think that either Brooklyn or New York is at a french website go to Service historique de la Défense and look for plans de batiments.
    If you type in Brooklyn or Iowa plans and other views for the ship will come up.

Hope this helps
  3. jkrenzer

jkrenzer Member

What a fantastic plans site for French warships. However I did type in both Brooklyn and Iowa to no avail.

The prints are scanned in scale (1/100 and 1/200) and saved as TIF format. I have SPICER IMAGINATION at work and except for a few sets I have tried most seem to pop up. Be careful though, you have to set your scale to print properly and I have to print to Adobe before sending the file to our drafting plotter because the file sizes are too large.

Also since the plans are scanned into a computer from sheet drawings they have the usual ptoblems, rolls, tears, and poor alignment.

I would love to build a model from scratch of one of these someday soon.
  4. JohnMGD

JohnMGD Member

Just go to the following address and type in the name BROOKLYN or IOWA into the red bar and click Rechercher !!! Good Luck.
    Atlas du génie maritime