Pratice for Christmas, make freight

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Fred_M, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Last night I threw together some freight to dress up an area on my layout. I took some balsa blocks and cut them with my razor saw to size. I then wrapped them with thin paper like auto parts invoices are printed on, in fact that what I used for most. I wrapped them just like presents, in fact it was in wrapping a present that I got the idea. A few I painted, a few I didn't. I then added interesting bits of lettering and put the pallets bottoms on. The bottoms are toothpicks. After the glue set I trimmed the toothpicks with nippers. One I even wrapped with scotch tape after for "shrink wrap". This is one of them 'set in front of TV one hour jobs" that anyone can do in their wasted time. DASH

Attached Files:

2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Wow!, good lookin' freight! I did have to make sure that "the box" wasn't lurkin' around before going there to check them out :D :D
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Nice work Dash! :thumb: :cool:
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Speaking of which.... anybody spotted it lately?

PS - If we had a forum/category for "1 Hr projects" or the like, this would be a great candidate! Good work, DX.
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Good modelling and a great idea. We should all have loads of freight around.
  6. jkristia

jkristia Member

great looking scene
  7. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

Beware the "box". That thing is liable to show up in that stack of freight and dash won't know it until it is too late.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's clever and they look good!
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

10. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I"m glad someone explained "the box" by leaving a link. I did a search in this forum and got no hits. Anyway, I think I found it. Is this the right way? DX

Attached Files:

11. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: aaaaaaggghhhhh:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: another one:D :D
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: EGADS :eek: :eek: :eek:

:cry: :cry: :cry: THE BOX! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:curse: :curse: :curse: We can rebuild it :curse: :curse: :curse:

:mad: :mad: :mad: We can make him stronger :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p :p :p We'll hire Lee Majors :p :p :p

:D :D :D And have him be the box! :D :D :D
  13. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I thought Lee Majors passed on from metal poisioning? Anyway, we all know that program was a joke, the premise that the US goverment could build him for 6 million dollars, geeze, the Craftsman tool set alone would cost more than that, even in 1970s dollars. That's the only part of that show that was really unbelievable. -x
  14. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Oh, tell me it's not true. I've thought all these years that this was a 1970's reality show.:rolleyes: :cry: an the six mill girl, that wasn't real either????:confused: What'll I tell my wife?:oops:

15. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Linsay Wagner was cute, but Linda Carter and Erin Gray were ooo. Wonder Woman can laso me anytime! And Erin can fly my spaceship anytime. These were clean wholesome women who didn't put metal in their body and kiss other women. I bet they bathed regularly too. \x
  16. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Then we had the Canajan version -- .the Six Hundred Dollar Man.
  17. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

er, is that six hundred Canadian or USD? -x