Pratice for Christmas, make freight

F

Fred_M

Last night I threw together some freight to dress up an area on my layout. I took some balsa blocks and cut them with my razor saw to size. I then wrapped them with thin paper like auto parts invoices are printed on, in fact that what I used for most. I wrapped them just like presents, in fact it was in wrapping a present that I got the idea. A few I painted, a few I didn't. I then added interesting bits of lettering and put the pallets bottoms on. The bottoms are toothpicks. After the glue set I trimmed the toothpicks with nippers. One I even wrapped with scotch tape after for "shrink wrap". This is one of them 'set in front of TV one hour jobs" that anyone can do in their wasted time. DASH

Attachments

• freight.jpg
    freight.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 229

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Originally posted by sumpter250
did have to make sure that "the box" wasn't lurkin' around before going there to check them out
Speaking of which.... anybody spotted it lately?

PS - If we had a forum/category for "1 Hr projects" or the like, this would be a great candidate! Good work, DX.

F

Fred_M

I"m glad someone explained "the box" by leaving a link. I did a search in this forum and got no hits. Anyway, I think I found it. Is this the right way? DX

Attachments

• felloff.jpg
    felloff.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 129
F

Fred_M

I thought Lee Majors passed on from metal poisioning? Anyway, we all know that program was a joke, the premise that the US goverment could build him for 6 million dollars, geeze, the Craftsman tool set alone would cost more than that, even in 1970s dollars. That's the only part of that show that was really unbelievable. -x

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by dash10
...Anyway, we all know that program was a joke, the premise that the US goverment could build him for 6 million dollars,.... That's the only part of that show that was really unbelievable. -x
Oh, tell me it's not true. I've thought all these years that this was a 1970's reality show.:rolleyes: :cry: an the six mill girl, that wasn't real either????:confused: What'll I tell my wife?:eek:ops:

Don

F

Fred_M

Linsay Wagner was cute, but Linda Carter and Erin Gray were ooo. Wonder Woman can laso me anytime! And Erin can fly my spaceship anytime. These were clean wholesome women who didn't put metal in their body and kiss other women. I bet they bathed regularly too. \x