Prarie Giants

Discussion in 'Robin At His Best' started by Matthyro, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

I modeled these grain elevators from photos of the real thing which I took on our last trip out west. N scale and made out of my favourite material. They will be located at the prairie town of Harris on my layout. Harris is a real town in Saskatchewan.
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice Robin! :cool:
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

The Cereal Box Magician is at it again. Nice work Robin
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Look good enough to hafta watch out fer the pigeons flyin' over yer head...:eek:
  5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Very impressive structures along your RR line, Robin! Now these are REAL cereal boxes, aren't they?

As in others of your pictures - the superb background adds immensely to the reality of your model scenes.

6. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Robin ........ I have seen your layout and have gasped with wonder at your output of structures in the last LITTLE while,surely you must be running out of line side space ? !!!!!!!! Please dont stop !!!! you are an inspiration a host of scratch builders out there. Looking forward to the next edition.
  7. csxnscale

csxnscale Member

8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Once again, a fantastic piece of work, Robin!

The scope & size of this structure is very've realy utilized the potential of the 1:160 scale!
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Reminds me of the days I rode motorcycles to out west and would pass those big boys. Impressed me then and Thanks Robin they impress me now. Great job :eek: :eek: :eek:
  10. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I bought the Walthers Sunrise Coop a year ago to put on my layout. Seeing what you have done I just may forgo the plastic and stay with the cardboard based structures. Very nice work Robin.:) :) :)
  11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Gotta say that this and your paper mill are in keeping with you usual excellent workmanship. It is a delight every time you post more of your creations.:) :)

12. Strthoky

Strthoky Member

wow.... I bow to the master of scratch build.. wow!! awesome!!!!

because of you I now pilfer through the house racking my brain wondering what common household items could be my next layout addition!! thanks!!
  13. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Those Prarie Skyscrapers look fantastic Robin!:cool:

14. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I've seen prototypic pics of elevators like this from the Candian prairie both in railroad mags and artists mags. You've really captured the look! Very nicely done! Love the vents and the rusty loading chutes!
  15. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Many thanks for all the support and kind words you all give me.
    I enjoy building stuff as you know but never expected what you all say about them. It is my pleasure to share them with you.