Prarie Giants

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I modeled these grain elevators from photos of the real thing which I took on our last trip out west. N scale and made out of my favourite material. They will be located at the prairie town of Harris on my layout. Harris is a real town in Saskatchewan.
Prg1.jpg

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Very impressive structures along your RR line, Robin! Now these are REAL cereal boxes, aren't they?

As in others of your pictures - the superb background adds immensely to the reality of your model scenes.

Ron

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Robin ........ I have seen your layout and have gasped with wonder at your output of structures in the last LITTLE while,surely you must be running out of line side space ? !!!!!!!! Please dont stop !!!! you are an inspiration a host of scratch builders out there. Looking forward to the next edition.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Once again, a fantastic piece of work, Robin!

The scope & size of this structure is very impressive...you've realy utilized the potential of the 1:160 scale!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
I bought the Walthers Sunrise Coop a year ago to put on my layout. Seeing what you have done I just may forgo the plastic and stay with the cardboard based structures. Very nice work Robin.:) :) :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I've seen prototypic pics of elevators like this from the Candian prairie both in railroad mags and artists mags. You've really captured the look! Very nicely done! Love the vents and the rusty loading chutes!
Ralph

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Many thanks for all the support and kind words you all give me.
I enjoy building stuff as you know but never expected what you all say about them. It is my pleasure to share them with you.