Prague Castle District

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by mike.stamper, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mike.stamper

mike.stamper New Member

I have just started on the new version from Betexa. Like the medieval towns it comes in a book form and like the town book there seem to be endless pages of parts. It is a totally different style from the town book, I guess that is because it is in a much smaller scale and of course it's not one of Richard V's designs.

So - the reason for writing is to ask if anyone elese has made this and what, if any are the pit falls. So far it seems the only problem is the folds - in some cases it's almost guess work as to which way to fold some of the tabs.

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I don't have that model but I sure wish I did.

Hopefully someone can help out but you are actually the first person that I can recall that has mentioned building it.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Town hall Prague or Castle Prague?

The Castle when complete pretty much needs it's own room for display.

4. archangel1

archangel1 Member

5. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

I'm about two thirds of the way through it and have found it a very enjoyable project.
    The squares and courtyards are all at different levels and you need to take care so that everything is the right height above the baseboard and the various sections fit together. There are so many towers and a few degrees off vertical does show up. Mkae sure you brace everything and check it's all square. My version has quite a sub structure to fit the pieces on. Some sections have no base in the kit.
    I built sections ABC&D and joined those together. Then EFG&V were joined, which leaves me section H to go. So I'll have three modules to form the whole thing. Keeping them like that makes storage esier.
    Somehow I've lost two pages of parts which has brought a temporary end to proceedings.

The roofs are awkward and need care, but I've found the parts to be accurate and well fitting. Apart from that the worst thing is the repetative nature of the chimneys and what they tem 'lucranes' - you learn a new word every day.

Oh, yes, and what to do with a five foot castle when when you've finished
  6. mike.stamper

mike.stamper New Member

Thanks for the comments, I've already "discovered" the dormers and chimneys. Hours of fun folding 1/4 inch long roofs ;-(

The only good thing is that these look better than the chimneys in the "otiginal" albatros kit of Prague - it would have looked better without them !

I look forward to progress reports !
    The yuy on the German site looks to have got as far as me... it's going to be a long process. I hope to take the finished model to a show in February, but I have a feeling it won't be finished by the.