114.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Paper models 029.jpg
    Paper models 029.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 13
  • Paper models 033.jpg
    Paper models 033.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
99% finished!

Well here's an update, just 4 more parts! I would finish it tonite, but......It's 2:30 AM and I need some sleep!:p Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Paper models 034.jpg
    Paper models 034.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Paper models 035.jpg
    Paper models 035.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Paper models 038.jpg
    Paper models 038.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Paper models 039.jpg
    Paper models 039.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11

think-floyd

Tried to get this model yesterday, but I don't have enough PPX points i think. Am I right in saying you have to post to earn points, in order to download?

I'd like to make this, but I think I'll just do the head and leave out the bottom bit, for my desk in work :)

Think-floyd, yeah you need PP. When run through the translator it's like coins or money if I remember correctly. You get 1 PP for each post, sometimes more for posting with pics, etc, etc.

I thought the same thing about just building the head myself. I might blow it up and make it wearable!:twisted:

Done.

All right I know there isn't much difference between the pics in my last post and this one.:eek:ops: But it is actually finished! The dark blue-gray neck armor was all that was missing. And yes I got glue on the neck armor, model super glue does not wipe off if you don't catch your mistake quickly! I'm not quite sure if I got the neck armor on properly tho, there is a distinct lack of instructions for this model at about the 3/4 build point!:curse:

Anyways let me know what you think, good and bad!:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Paper models 042.jpg
    Paper models 042.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Paper models 043.jpg
    Paper models 043.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Paper models 044.jpg
    Paper models 044.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Paper models 045.jpg
    Paper models 045.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 11
S

Soaring

Mouse, if you mean the yellow thing, it be EX-S's neck collar :D Getter, I'm sure, has technical terms for it :)

Getter1

MM1,

Soaring's right that's the neck mechanisims. Though there's no real offical term for the yellow doo-hob, I always call em "neck wells".

I like this model but could do without all those stupid markings all over it like a damn Nascar! It has some serious accuracy issues as well. If the S wasn't my 2nd favorite Gundam I wouldn't care but being rated so high on my list it gets my goat :p

G1

S

Soaring

Actually, I think this model is super awesome :D Number one on my favorite Gundam list, and ltla you really did this model justice.

So Getter, I take it you're not into conversion kits? :)

Getter1

Actually, I think this model is super awesome :D Number one on my favorite Gundam list, and ltla you really did this model justice.

So Getter, I take it you're not into conversion kits? :)

I still prefer the one I built as it's more accurate to the line-art.

My #1 Fav. is the Shining Gundam from G Gundam :D Just somethin bout it :)

You mean resin conversion kits for plastic models?

If so I have many of those ;) Such as the Gundam Pixy kit for the MG Gundam Ground type, GM Blue Destiny for the MG Gundam Ground, GM Sniper 2 for the 1/144 GM Command, Accurate GM parts for the old MG GM, ect., ect.

I like conversions but hate the trend to put too many un-necessary markings all over the suit. They are supposed to be military units, not Nascars :p

G1

57townsman

That does seem to be the trend right now. I generally prefer more realistic color and markings too, but some of the original anime colors are OK. Of course everyone is free to recolor as they see fit :rolleyes:

SteveK

Hey guys thanks for the comments, they are greatly appreciated.

If I had any line-art or researched the model before building, I would have removed all of the extra stuff on it. I just might do that when I try and blow the model up to double size! But that will be a long time coming, I'm a Sagitarrius, the "Official Procrastinator". But it will get done slowly. Besides I just sttarted scoring on the Jegan bust from PPX. I'll post some pics along the way in a new thread.

Getter, would you happen to have any other "official" color schemes for the Ex-S?

Getter1

Sending you a scan of that line-art now. I'ld post it but it's too big :p

As for offical color schemes there's just the stabdard white and blue but the Deep Striker ver. is wgite and red-orange.

Pic of the 1/400 S Gundam and Deep Striker figures.

G1

Attachments

• 02130001.jpg
    02130001.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 19
Hey Getter, got the scan and pics. I see what you mean by inaccuracies! :confused: Maybe when scaled up it would be a little easier to "fix" some of those problems. I think a build of the original bust is coming up in the near future here.

57townsman-Any luck with the instructions for that original bust? No hurry, just wonderin.:mrgreen: